Your record defeat?

Currently in my 3rd full season as manger of Rangers and we were playing Real Madrid away in the Champions League final group game, knowing that only a win would get us through to the last 16.

2-0 down at half time I knew I was'nt going to win the game so minimised the screen while I did some stuff online and let the game carry on into the 2nd half, knowing there was no chance I was going to win this one.

When I re-opened the game at 80 mins, to my astonishment we were losing 8-0 and Real Madrid had 32 shots on goal!! I was'nt angry as such, took it on the chin and was, in terms, part-happy for the ineptual booby prize The UEFA EUROPA League.

Whats even funnier is that Red Star (Belgrade) who were in the same group as me and finished bottom, played Juventus at home and were also beaten 8-0!!

A records were set: highest defeat for Rangers in Europe, a record Champions League score (X2), record goals total for one group, and record goals for one day of play.

Has anyone else been on the wrong end of a hammering??

• 2 years later...

I just took one today. The weird thing is my team was on a solid run of form, especially defensively. We had given up just 4 goals total over the previous 9 matches, but then we were blasted 7-0 by PSG. We had even beaten PSG just a few weeks earlier on the road. They only had 3 clear cut chances and 48% possession in this match, but everyone on my team ended up "having a poor game.

Playing as Ajax, we surprisingly beat ManU in CL knockout stage at home (first leg 3-1). I already got my hopes up, but in 2nd leg at Old Trafford we were steamrolled - 1:6 (we were still in contest at 1:3). Van Persie missed the first game, but in Manchester he did the damage and my defense couldn't stop him in any way.

Archived