Board Promised To Go Professional But Never Happens

Hi,

I have a created team which started life in the Blue Square North as a semi-professional side. This is the same created team that I have added in the last 3/4 versions of FM, and I always start in this way.

Anyway, after winning promotion just before the end of the season I made a board request to go professional, and they were up for it, saying that we would turn professional at the start of the new season.

However we didn't. Thinking that either the game had just got "confused" as it was the very end of the season and the board had meant the season after next, or maybe because most of my players were on part-time contracts, I continued the game.

Over the course of the season I made sure all players and staff (including myself) were on full-time contracts bujt nothing changed. Now another season has just kicked off and I'm still semi-pro. The option I selected in board interaction previously is greyed out and if I hover over it it eventually says "The club cannot change it's professional status".

I've not created the team any differently to FM2010 and I successfully changed to professional in that version.

Grateful for any ideas or suggestions people may have on this? Should I post this in the bugs forum or have I done something stupid that's stopping me changing status?

Archived