Playin FM when....

your team has lost.

I find myself doing this a lot recently!

After watching my beloved Arsenal, if they lose I tend to start playing FM.

I guess to take out the frustration of Arsenal losing in real life.

Sort of like, I can a do a better job than Mr Wenger

Anyone else do this?

your team has lost.

I find myself doing this a lot recently!

After watching my beloved Arsenal, if they lose I tend to start playing FM.

I guess to take out the frustration of Arsenal losing in real life.

Anyone else do this?

Can't say that I do but watching football I do sometimes find myself listening to what the pundits say and thinking how to translate it to FM (not BBC or ITV pundits who suck, apart from old school Hansen, and when Martin O'Neill and Gordon Strachan used to appear on it).

Ray Houghton loves his 2 v 1s icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

So you can't play FM too much then, if you're an Arsenal fan icon_biggrin.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Recently a lot!!

1st thing I do- get rid of EBOUE & SENDEROS (clone of Stepanovs and Cygan) !!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1st thing I do- get rid of EBOUE & SENDEROS (clone of Stepanovs and Cygan) !!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why get rid of Eboue? FM 08 Eboue has attributes based on last season's performances and are pretty good in my opinion.

He might be in for a downgrade on FM 09 icon_biggrin.gif

IT WASN'T A PENALTY I TELL YOU! That Swedish ref was a cheat! Screw him! Arsenal won that friggin game! NO! I will not accept the fact that Liverpool won that match! NEVER! I'll kill that Swedeish ref I tell you! I WILL!

ARSENAL WON THAT MATCH! I WANNA REMATCH!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAA! icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1st thing I do- get rid of EBOUE & SENDEROS (clone of Stepanovs and Cygan) !!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why get rid of Eboue? FM 08 Eboue has attributes based on last season's performances and are pretty good in my opinion.

He might be in for a downgrade on FM 09 icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eboue was awesome against Real Madrid and co but I think he's got a screw loose, he's a bit like Begbie in Trainspotting.

I often start new games after watching a game on the telly, often as Arsenal. In the last couple of seasons I've been frustrated with the lack of depth in the squad and some of the so-called first-team players. I always end up getting rid of Senderos and Eboue but also Van Persie. I've never had more than 30 games a season from him and his goal ratio has always been poor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Most Valuable Player:

I tend to eat ready brek. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could somebody ban this fool already?

No-one wants to hear your pointless drivel.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

I tend to get an urge for FM when there's football on TV. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too!

Show 'em how its done!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Anyone else do this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be joking surley!? Are you one of those arsenal fans that think wenger should go?

No I'm not one of those Arsenal fans that want Wenger sacked.

Why would I?

He's the best manager we've ever had. I admire him for his style of play and the way he is trying to make the club great again with young players.

I trust him and believe Arsenal will win trophies sooner rather than later.

The comment I made about doing a better job than Wenger was directly after Arsenal defeats where I take my disapointment and frustration out on FM and be happy again due to my FM team's success.

I guess I'm the opposite to the OP. If I can't get to a Vila match, or it's not on TV, I listen to the commentary and am usually playing FM at the same time, but if we lose then I tend to turn off FM and play something else, something with violence perhaps like God of War to vent my frustration icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mizan:

Yep defo. We need a few 'heavyweights' more match winners.

Micah Richards, Yaya Toure, Quaresma, Silva and bring back the legend Henry!!!

^^^^^^

That's exactly who I brought on my Arsenal team! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should say that. Whilst playing my AFC wimbledon game i noticed that in 09/10 season Arsenal bought Thierry back for around thirteen million, i was a little suprised.

In reply to the op i find myself wanting to play FM when a) watching an exciting match with a lot of end to end football, just gets me thinking that i can win some games with a good attacking style. Suffice to say about three matches in i realise i can't and sod off back to the pub. And b) after watching any live match regardless of how good it is, either seeing players close up inspires me or, more likely, i am so disturbed by these 3d bipeds that i immediately return to the 2d match engine and my little sense of safety. I love those lil' circley buggers!

Archived