Saivet

Looking to buy Saivet in 2nd season.

i had a £7 million accepted and offered him a £39,000 per week contract as i was desperate for a Left wing player that would turn good.

THIS WAS REJECTED

is it just me or if a 17 year old got offered 40 grand a week he would accept it like that lol.

is this unrealistic?

tell me what you reckon...

Looking to buy Saivet in 2nd season.

i had a £7 million accepted and offered him a £39,000 per week contract as i was desperate for a Left wing player that would turn good.

THIS WAS REJECTED

is it just me or if a 17 year old got offered 40 grand a week he would accept it like that lol.

is this unrealistic?

tell me what you reckon...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

He only goes to decent rep clubs cos he's young and loves where he's at.

A bit like Walcott holding out for Arsenal. So yes, fairly realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i can see where you are coming from tbf

but £40k!

lol wots the most you have seen paid for him?

And what season did u pay £20 mill?!

Here is what I think on the issue, and all those similar where people complain about the game being 'unrealistic'. Taking Saivet as an example.

1) In real life Saivet is probably very happy where he is, loeves the club or whatever. This could also be applied to the likes of Bojan, Benzema, Walcott etc....

2) In real life there are a lot of other factors for these players, such as being young and therefore less likely to want to move away from home etc which also make them less likely to leave their current club

3) FM is not real life, it is a game and coding all of the different factors that would affect whether Saivet or anyone else is likely to join your club would be impossibly hard. Therefore yes, in real life players join clubs when the get 'offers they can't refuse' but in FM,all the other factors that would effect whether a player would sign or not are missing, and it is based purely on things such as loyalty and club rep. Hence why you can offer huge contracts that are still not accepted.

4) Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, FM players will sign if the offer is too good to refuse, but in the game, as in real life there are those who will not sign for a cub regardless. Benzema comes to mide. Consistently linked to Man U, a club who have just won the league and are in the champs league final but he has said he is not interested in joining them.

So yeah maybe it is unrealistic, maybe it is not. Taking Benzema for instance, I'm sure if someone played out the scenario above in the game only for Benzema to turn them down they would complain it is unrealistic, but thats just how it is in real life.

Personally I think FM is about as realistic a simulation as you are going to get. And I love it icon_wink.gif

In my opinion, it's unlikely in real life that they would reject a huge wage and move to a successful team at a young age. there might be some who have.

If it doesn't work out they still have plenty of time to move again and resurrect their career.

Anthony Le Tallec is one I can think of who did just this (although he never made the same impression in the real game as he did in earlier versions of FM).

Don't also forget Walcott was at Southampton and left like a shot to go to Arsenal.

In the FM series, it's far easier to make money than in real life. If the game didn't do this it would be so easy to just sign up every hot prospect and basically take away all form of competition.

As for Saivet, he's also turned down joining my team, Harrogate Town. I'm deeply upset by his decision. I'm going to make him pay for that one day - lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rochey:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

He only goes to decent rep clubs cos he's young and loves where he's at.

A bit like Walcott holding out for Arsenal. So yes, fairly realistic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i can see where you are coming from tbf

but £40k!

lol wots the most you have seen paid for him?

And what season did u pay £20 mill?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The season was 2011/12. I'm in 2015/16 now and he's probably my best striker, along with Edison Cavani.

Sorry Rochey, Wasn't intended to cause offence!

As for Benzema signing for CSKA, doesn't that just prove the point that it is the game that is unrealistic?

Of course I am aware that Benzemas ability in the game probably isn't an acurate portrayal of real life and maybe CSKA have become a force in the game, but even so in real life, this would never happen.

I'm not intending to rant, and would welcome other peoples thoughts about what I have posted. I guess it comes down to the individual as to whether you believe in game transfers are realistic or not. On the whole I think that they are.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Waddle:

In my opinion, it's unlikely in real life that they would reject a huge wage and move to a successful team at a young age. there might be some who have.

If it doesn't work out they still have plenty of time to move again and resurrect their career.

Anthony Le Tallec is one I can think of who did just this (although he never made the same impression in the real game as he did in earlier versions of FM).

Don't also forget Walcott was at Southampton and left like a shot to go to Arsenal.

In the FM series, it's far easier to make money than in real life. If the game didn't do this it would be so easy to just sign up every hot prospect and basically take away all form of competition.

As for Saivet, he's also turned down joining my team, Harrogate Town. I'm deeply upset by his decision. I'm going to make him pay for that one day - lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I would agree with you there. What league are in by th way ?'I'm going to make him pay for that one day - lol.' haha icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rochey:

What league are in by th way ?'I'm going to make him pay for that one day - lol.' haha icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flying now, League 2. At the rate I'm progressing I should be able to make him pay just before he retires. He can rot in my reserves, that'll teach him.

If he's still under 18 he won't have signed a professional contract in France yet.

It's something that happens in the game, rarely a player who has signed a pre-contract agreement will sign for another team breaking this agreement but again it's rare.

Wait till he's 18, then buy him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">out they still have plenty of time to move again and resurrect their career.

Anthony Le Tallec is one I can think of who did just this (although he never made the same impression in the real game as he did in earlier versions of FM). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got saivet at the start of the game for peanuts. Only in the 3rd season and hes not really done much yet

Archived