Suggestion forum?

From time to time I read great suggestions on the forum that would make the game a lot better. (Most recently today... http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/208830-Improving-how-we-control-the-reserve-teams-in-FM10?p=6628839&viewfull=1#post6628839 ).

The thing is that these suggestions usually gets drowned among questions about why Messi doesn't score every game, or why Dave Davidsson from Smalltown United has a 12 for jumping when he should have 14 etc.

So why don't we have a suggestions forum where SI could check from time to time and sticky/highlight good suggestion for continuous discussions.

I think it would be a great idea to make a brand new database with only brand new fictional teams for each league in the world and all players being fake as well. Then there would be no problems with licensing in any way, so the game would be a lot more flexible with sponsors, kits/kit changes, logos, player pictures and league rule changes. These are some of the things that I find are holding the game back in its current state. However if a brand new fictional database was setup, it would be brilliant. It could still be based on the real world, but just new team names, etc.

• SI Staff
I think it would be a great idea to make a brand new database with only brand new fictional teams for each league in the world and all players being fake as well. Then there would be no problems with licensing in any way, so the game would be a lot more flexible with sponsors, kits/kit changes, logos, player pictures and league rule changes. These are some of the things that I find are holding the game back in its current state. However if a brand new fictional database was setup, it would be brilliant. It could still be based on the real world, but just new team names, etc.

Why would that improve things? The majority of people (at a guess) would rather play with real teams and players.

if you want this, take control of a team you never heard of in another country and untick use real players.

if you want this, take control of a team you never heard of in another country and untick use real players.

it seems as though people on these forums never read a comment properly. The point i'm making is with the licensing, which is a holdback when using real players. For example you start a game as Everton and if you play for 40 seasons you will have that same horrible pink away kit every single year. The format of the premier league will forever be the same with 20 teams competing constantly and no changes regarding promotion and relegation in the lower leagues as well. This is due to licensing, if there was a completely fictional database, then licensing would not be an issue, so these things could be changed.

If you just untick the 'use real players' option. There are still big restrictions on league formats, kits, sponsors and all these kind of things. I hope that helps you to understand. If these things could be changed in the normal game with real players... then great, but I'm under the impression that this is not possible.

it seems as though people on these forums never read a comment properly. The point i'm making is with the licensing, which is a holdback when using real players. For example you start a game as Everton and if you play for 40 seasons you will have that same horrible pink away kit every single year. The format of the premier league will forever be the same with 20 teams competing constantly and no changes regarding promotion and relegation in the lower leagues as well. This is due to licensing, if there was a completely fictional database, then licensing would not be an issue, so these things could be changed.

If you just untick the 'use real players' option. There are still big restrictions on league formats, kits, sponsors and all these kind of things. I hope that helps you to understand. If these things could be changed in the normal game with real players... then great, but I'm under the impression that this is not possible.

You complain about people on these forums not reading properly. At the same time you are hijacking a thread that was for discussing something else. Your idea might be relevant, but please make your own thread. This is not a general suggestions-thread, but a thread asking for a suggestions forum to be added, and the discussions about it. Thanks.

Post boosting is such a sad and meaningless activity. Is it worth it?

Tbh, I'd trust somebody with a 170 post count who posts this 24 hours after the last comment a lot more to think of post count boosting than somebody who very probably couldn't care less whether he has 2,315 or 2,316 posts.

Note that this is a bit tongue in cheek, as I see that if you have 170 posts made in 11 years, then you obviously agree with me that post boosting is pretty meaningless. But it seems obvious to me that nobody in here is pursuing these paths.

post count +1 :) hehe

Archived