how re-gens made

What's the difference between a newgen and a regen?

A regen was a regeneration of an old player who had just retired, a newgen is a completely new player altogether. They used to use regens to keep the game going before they developed the newgen (FRED) system they use now a days.

What's the difference between a newgen and a regen?

Regen was when generated players game into the game once real players retired, fake ones came in. Newgens are just come into the game, not to replace any player. Really, the word regen should be banished now, as they're extinct :p

So there is no real difference between the two? I understand what an old regen is, as in they simply replaced a retiring player and had the majority of his stats, potential ability and nationality. These do not exist in the FM world now do they?

Regen was old style - new 16yo resembles old retiree.

Newgen is new style; 16yo, from scratch.

The terms are interchangeable.

people may correct me but I believe athat in FM11 newgens get a template for what region they are from; South Americans with flair and so on.

Regen was old style - new 16yo resembles old retiree.

Newgen is new style; 16yo, from scratch.

The terms are interchangeable.

people may correct me but I believe athat in FM11 newgens get a template for what region they are from; South Americans with flair and so on.

i think there are quite a few templates, not sure if they are by region or what, Riz seems to be a good person for answering regen/newgen/fred questions.

Sorry...but FRED?

There were three stages in development:

A) Regen - Old player retired, new player came into the save as a replacement with same abilities.

B) Newgen - Old player retired, new random player came into the save.

C) FREDS - Random players enter the gameworld without any link to retiring players.

Archived