Someone explain monthly instalments please

Obviously clubs in real life use the instalment method to pay for players, most of the time, though not the exploity 48 month ones people here use to aqquire about ten different players a window, but....

How do i make sure that these monthly instalments are not crippling my club. I am Tottenham, and we have a small stadia. I was relatively successful in the the first season and have a balance of £60-70million. I've noticed the the payments for Modric were basically nothing upfront, and £350k appx. over 4 years or so(so maybe the 48mth thing is ok lol). But if i am paying £16mill in transfer fess over two years, month by month, how do i know that this is not going to cripple the club financially.

Essentially, what is the smartest way of paying for a transfer is what i want to know.

I never really bother looking at what way it affects the club financially. I buy the players I need in the first transfer window then win the league, cups and champions league many seasons in a row with that team.

I never really bother looking at what way it affects the club financially. I buy the players I need in the first transfer window then win the league, cups and champions league many seasons in a row with that team.

I understand that, but sometimes it take a season or two to win a major competition. The league is pretty tight, with the top clubs buying some great players, so a title is not gauranteed. Also, Spurs only have a 36,000 stadium, so....

I just want to work on a tighter buget than usual.

Essentially, what is the smartest way of paying for a transfer is what i want to know.

I don't normally help spuds, but:

Upfront, with clauses such as International games played, etc to reduce the risk, especially with younger players. I never pay a whole fee over X months, if I need a player but don't have enough, I try to pay as much as I can upfront, or look for a cheaper alternative/loan.

Obviously clubs in real life use the instalment method to pay for players, most of the time, though not the exploity 48 month ones people here use to aqquire about ten different players a window, but....

How do i make sure that these monthly instalments are not crippling my club. I am Tottenham, and we have a small stadia. I was relatively successful in the the first season and have a balance of £60-70million. I've noticed the the payments for Modric were basically nothing upfront, and £350k appx. over 4 years or so(so maybe the 48mth thing is ok lol). But if i am paying £16mill in transfer fess over two years, month by month, how do i know that this is not going to cripple the club financially.

with money?

My belief in the instalment system was that any future instalments would already be factored into the club's finances but I now understand that to be false which is a pity. I know that any upfront payment and *I think* the first 12 months instalments are taken from your transfer budget immediately. It then makes sense to me that the remaining 3 years would be factored into the future finances of the club, in much the same way as loan repayments are, and reduce future T.Budgets accordingly but it seems this is not what happens. So whilst it might seem great to buy 20 players over 4 years, the reality is the club will probably fail to meet the payments as the game is not clever enough to factor the instalments into future finances.

with money?

My belief in the instalment system was that any future instalments would already be factored into the club's finances but I now understand that to be false which is a pity. I know that any upfront payment and *I think* the first 12 months instalments are taken from your transfer budget immediately. It then makes sense to me that the remaining 3 years would be factored into the future finances of the club, in much the same way as loan repayments are, and reduce future T.Budgets accordingly but it seems this is not what happens. So whilst it might seem great to buy 20 players over 4 years, the reality is the club will probably fail to meet the payments as the game is not clever enough to factor the instalments into future finances.

Ok, but say i buy a player for £8 mill, plus £8mill over 24 months, it seems to me that all this money was taken straight out of my account. It's weird. The AI has not seemed to factor in that i did £8m upfront for a reason- i.e, needing more than one player. I mean, i'd never buy 10 different players for £120m over 48 months or anything like that, but i will go £8, 10, 12 mill upfront and the rest in instalments, because that is what happens in life.

Ok, but say i buy a player for £8 mill, plus £8mill over 24 months, it seems to me that all this money was taken straight out of my account. It's weird. The AI has not seemed to factor in that i did £8m upfront for a reason- i.e, needing more than one player. I mean, i'd never buy 10 different players for £120m over 48 months or anything like that, but i will go £8, 10, 12 mill upfront and the rest in instalments, because that is what happens in life.

It doesn't all go out of your budget, I'm pretty sure. You lose the 8m you spent upfront, plus another 4m of your transfer budget - representing the 8m over 24 mths - so your budget drops by 12m in total. If you'd put that second 8m over 48mths, it'd have taken 2m off your transfer budget, and your transfer budget would be down by only 10m. At least, that's how it used to work.

It doesn't all go out of your budget, I'm pretty sure. You lose the 8m you spent upfront, plus another 4m of your transfer budget - representing the 8m over 24 mths - so your budget drops by 12m in total. If you'd put that second 8m over 48mths, it'd have taken 2m off your transfer budget, and your transfer budget would be down by only 10m. At least, that's how it used to work.

yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the "initial payment" plus the first 12months "instalments" that are taken from your T.Budget straight away, not the full amount.

Archived