Will a good World Cup raise my reputation?

I am currently manager of Mali and have a decent side, seeing the World Cup draw I think I can qualify from my group and from then on who knows. My reputation is only regional in England so if I have a good World Cup and a good African Cup of Nations next year would this raise my reputation enough to get a job in a league higher than English League Two?

After taking Mali to the semi-finals I got no boost in reputation at all, it is now 3 weeks after the World Cup and I am still regional. I wonder if winning things is the only way to up reputation.

After taking Mali to the semi-finals I got no boost in reputation at all, it is now 3 weeks after the World Cup and I am still regional. I wonder if winning things is the only way to up reputation.

Thats quite dissapointing if it is. Taking one of the 'lesser' african teams to the WC semis should certainly get some recognition.

Great achievment though, well done :thup:

Thats quite dissapointing if it is. Taking one of the 'lesser' african teams to the WC semis should certainly get some recognition.

Great achievment though, well done :thup:

I had regional rep when I managed in England and got the Mali job. After the World Cup I applied and got a job in the Brazilian 2nd division and my rep rose to national so it has gone up.

Archived