Developing youth players

I've always wanted to know how some people turn their potential youth stars into world class players. Do people go through a system with their players?

Like when would you start to tutor a player? When do you loan them out?

I want to start buying young players and turning them into something good as I think that'll be fun. So just want some tips from experienced players.

Thanks

1st season - tutor

2nd - season loan to a club who say he'll be a 1st team member

3rd season - more tutoring if a suitable tutor is available and start using him in cup games and in the league in games I'm strong favourate to win

By 4 seasons in he should have progressed enough to be at least on the bench on a regular basis and on his way to establishing himself in my first team

Note...this was my tried and tested formula for all FM's up to FM10 but tutoring is so hit and miss in this version I'm having a really hard time getting youngsters to develop at all, this leads to the only loan interest being as a back up player and as a result I've yet to have a single regen come through my academy and into my first team and tend to only buy young players if they have 2.5* current ability rating or higher for my first team in scout reports.

Always tutor a young player to get his determination up. I never buy a youngster with low determination because he rarely improves. Then play them in your 1st team. I have lots of youngsters like Connor Wickham and Alex Smithies who although not really good enough to play straight away, I still play them becuase I know they will be world beaters in the future.

Archived