Scout reports on your players...

Would you like scout reports to include potential positions.  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like scout reports to include potential positions.

• Yes.
    • No.

Obviously you could only use this in u18 yr olds max, maybe u21. However i think they should include any positions that the scout think he could betutored to. Not simply where he plays best first and if he's been trained in a 2nd position there. But say 1 maybe 2 other positions he could be trained from scratch. It could be a position completely unconnected to his current primary/secondary/tertiary positions.

I don't know about you but i have trained quite a few players from central positions to the flanks from scratch at youth. On the other hand i've managed to retrain Malouda to an extremely effective attacking right winger where before he had no ability at all, even the lowest ineffectual? He now has a green dot. This case is different as he started on one flank and it's generally not too tricky to retrain to a diff side; but not to this level (setting up a goal on the right flank in the C/L final) success so late on.

A better example would be a left back i managed to retrain to an effective striker in the last version of the game. He formed a deadly partnership with Lukaku and was amongst the top league scorers/assisters if not at least once the top scorer at 27 goals.

I would just like it if the report came back about the position/s it says he can play. Tis most annoying when you ask for a report about a right back whose positions are given as Def R/C and has been playing RB for his club comes back stating that he would be the 4th best CH at the club.

I trained a WK CB/DM/DR/WBR/MR/MC to play AMR (was awesome at it) ST (was awesome at it) and DL (was Natural at it... eventually). Unfortunately he lost the retrained positions as soon as I tried to retrain him to another position but the LB slot became his own in both my team and England's.. only thing that annoyed me was he lost his Worldclass Centreback tag when he became a natural DL, he was just a worldwide rep defender after that...

I'd like to scout my own players, I'm sure we used to be able to? I think my scouts are better at judging my players than the idiots I employ to coach them... :p

I think any player should be retrainable to pretty much any position as far as his versatility stat allows and as far as his attributes suit that position. Whether or not that is the case does not seem difficult enough to me to warrant the need for a respective scouting feature.

I trained a WK CB/DM/DR/WBR/MR/MC to play AMR (was awesome at it) ST (was awesome at it) and DL (was Natural at it... eventually). Unfortunately he lost the retrained positions as soon as I tried to retrain him to another position but the LB slot became his own in both my team and England's.. only thing that annoyed me was he lost his Worldclass Centreback tag when he became a natural DL, he was just a worldwide rep defender after that...

I'd like to scout my own players, I'm sure we used to be able to? I think my scouts are better at judging my players than the idiots I employ to coach them... :p

It adds whole new great dimension to the game huh?

I would just like it if the report came back about the position/s it says he can play. Tis most annoying when you ask for a report about a right back whose positions are given as Def R/C and has been playing RB for his club comes back stating that he would be the 4th best CH at the club.

Lol yeah there a lot they still need to iron out. Still problems with the tutoring too. I have noticed however that every second year a good version is released. This probably results from them implementing new things in one year then working the kinks out with patches etc. Then the year after they release a version that has smoothed most things about the new/adjusted feature out.

It was like that when they started finally showing matched in 3F for example. First year looked pretty pitiful, patches sorted some things out then the next year it was a great option i have never loooked back on using.

I think any player should be retrainable to pretty much any position as far as his versatility stat allows and as far as his attributes suit that position. Whether or not that is the case does not seem difficult enough to me to warrant the need for a respective scouting feature.

Me too for the most part.

Gotta remember i'm not proposing this on every scout profile. Only the one that are young enough/adapdable enough to play in certain positions. It would be get boring if it was on every report, but if suddenly on a random scout report you notice an italics/stuck out in some way part of the report dictating a totally different playing life to the player. Somewhat like they did with Pirlo who used to be an AM/FC then was turned into a deep play maker. At a relatively late date in his football career (23/24 i think)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Don't we already have this in the reports screen? I think there's a drop down menu to the top right that lets you choose who provides the report and I think you might be able to choose your scouts, not sure though.

No, we have thw two positions that the player is most comfortable with. What i am proposing is, especially with young players, if applicable the scout/coach mentioning that he could posibbly be adapted to a role completely different to his current position, or even one close to his position.

For example for the similar position one, the current player plays as left back and could also be deployed as a left wing back. However we believe he would be more useful in the long run after training as a left winger. Or for a more different position "He could possibly be coached as an excellent central attacking midfielder." Idk about you but i do this a lot with players anyway and one of my favourite things about the new game is that even if you don't train a person in a new role but simply play him in it. His "positions" list starts to add the new position you're playing him in, same on the pitch graphic.

Archived