Lukaku for 2.5 million

I bought him at the beginning for £7.5 million for my Arsenal team. Took a few months for him to get going but he's banging them in now. A regular starter. Great team player. Regularly plays other players in with great passes, despite his mediocre passing stats - Teamwork 18 a definite factor here. Also rarely misses in 1 on 1 situations. U got a bargain.

I have to say Lukaku has been a big disappointment for me in his first season. Take a look at these comparative stats of the two youngsters I bought and played this season:

Romelu Lukaku - Cost: £6.5m, Appearances: 26, Goals: 10, Assists: 4, Ave Rating: 7.11

Leigh Griffiths - Cost: £750k, Appearances: 26, Goals: 19, Assists: 11, Ave Rating: 7.54

I think it all comes down to how you are playing him - I was playing him alone upfront with some fantastic midfield support, so that might explain why he did so well for me.

This thread is, however, starting to get into the territory of the Good Player and Team Guide forum

I have to say Lukaku has been a big disappointment for me in his first season. Take a look at these comparative stats of the two youngsters I bought and played this season:

Romelu Lukaku - Cost: £6.5m, Appearances: 26, Goals: 10, Assists: 4, Ave Rating: 7.11

Leigh Griffiths - Cost: £750k, Appearances: 26, Goals: 19, Assists: 11, Ave Rating: 7.54

He is not always a wonderkid, maybe you were only unlucky.

Archived