4 months and counting....absent.

ok i sign balotelli for peanuts for fenerbache and first month no problems,then requests a leave of absence which i grant and it says he will return in about a months time and i check a while later that in late october he will be back in 1 week but im now in late january and he has yet to return.

so i offer him mutual termination and he agrees but the board block it.

so does anyone have any ideas when he will return?

It happens quite often in real life, brazilian players going home for some family-affair and don't show for a couple of weeks. Romario and Ronaldo did when they were at PSV Eindhoven. Traceless for some weeks. The board not agreeing to termination is strange though, especially when he was transferred for peanuts.

ok i sign balotelli for peanuts for fenerbache and first month no problems,then requests a leave of absence which i grant and it says he will return in about a months time and i check a while later that in late october he will be back in 1 week but im now in late january and he has yet to return.

so i offer him mutual termination and he agrees but the board block it.

so does anyone have any ideas when he will return?

have you tried fining him? daily... he might come back then

failing that, sell the overrated prima-donna to some crappy french team...

I'd fine him 2 weeks wages every week, he'll end up owing me :p

I have seen it before, but a long long time ago (FM07? maybe 08?), I had a player that just never returned that I ended up giving away to get him off the books...

maybe offer him for loan to clubs in his home country? They might pay his wages at least?

• 3 weeks later...

I am playing Sporting CP, and got Balotelli for free at Winter Transfer Window (I had to pinch myself). Got 12 goals in 7 matches. Great stuff. Then, in March, he says is unhappy because is unsettled. Since he is gold to my team, I grant him a month leave of absence. A month later, a strange message with no title displayed says "Having previously been given leave of absence to cope with personal problems in March 2011, Balotelli's latest transgression could be the start of an alarming willingness to test the club's disciplinary procedures..."! OK, so I give hime a warning. He feels it's unfair, but his general happiness mantains "Please to have joined Sporting". 1 week later I fine him. He's shocked and says it's undeserved. Still no change on general happinness. He is still absent. Start to think it's a bug!

This definitely sounds like a bug, I would report it in the relevant forum. Usually a leave of absence will end and the player will return to the club before asking for a furthe rleave of absence, regardless os personality traits.

Agreed, has to be a bug. You can expect them to be late, 2-3 weeks sure. But 4 months, if that was the case IRL you stop calling the fool and send someone to go drag his ass back or sue him for the money you've been paying him.

actually in july of that season i was approached by arsenal to takeover from wenger so i did but im happy to report i check in on my old team occassionally to check up on how there doing and balotelli's still there in the reserves not played a first team game in 3 seasons. ;)

Archived