Saved games.

I saved my game before going on holiday as I wanted to run some tests but after running the holiday, and quitting without saving so I could load my old saved game back up, I see the game has over written my original save with auto saves. I thought these saved in different places like v02 and v03?? Not over the original save.

I cant ever remember encountering this problem before.

I saved my game on the original file save. There was v02 and v03 saves already there before I went on holiday.

Any ideas?

Have you got rolling saves set in preferences?

Doesn't it save your file over the original and then move the original to V2 anyway? :confused:

I've always had rolling saves and I've never experienced this problem before. So I would have to say no. It would be a bit daft to not ask you before saving over your original save.

I saved my game before going on holiday as I wanted to run some tests but after running the holiday, and quitting without saving so I could load my old saved game back up, I see the game has over written my original save with auto saves. I thought these saved in different places like v02 and v03?? Not over the original save.

I cant ever remember encountering this problem before.

I saved my game on the original file save. There was v02 and v03 saves already there before I went on holiday.

Any ideas?

right mate see if you go to the doc file, sports interative file, cope it to your desktop and unistall the game, then go to doc and delete the sports interative 1 DO NOT DELETE THE 1 ON THE DESKTOP1!! now once youve unistall it, re install, not steam! just the disc, no once done replace the file on the desktop with the 1 in the doc and download patch 2! and off you go mate. it's long but it works.

I'm on FM10 and I use the rolling saves. I've tried to describe what happens below.

Let's say I'm playing 'The Mighty Saints Save' - when the rolling save occurs, my original 'The Mighty Saints Save' becomes 'The Mighty Saints Save V1' and the new save becomes 'The Mighty Saints Save'.

Thus, if I want to go back to the old version of my save, I would select 'The Mighty Saints Save V1'.

If I had rolling saves on every week, with rolling saves set to 10 and I played 10 weeks of game time, my original file would end up as 'The Mighty Saints Save V10'.

Does any of this make any sense in relation to your problem? Or am I perhaps missing the point?

@TBarrs - I'm using the steam version. i have no disc.

@crouchaldinho - Makes perfect sense but the point I'm trying to make is that the original save is exactly the same as v1, v2 and v3. All saved on the same date and are all the same save.

I'm on FM10 and I use the rolling saves. I've tried to describe what happens below.

Let's say I'm playing 'The Mighty Saints Save' - when the rolling save occurs, my original 'The Mighty Saints Save' becomes 'The Mighty Saints Save V1' and the new save becomes 'The Mighty Saints Save'.

Thus, if I want to go back to the old version of my save, I would select 'The Mighty Saints Save V1'.

If I had rolling saves on every week, with rolling saves set to 10 and I played 10 weeks of game time, my original file would end up as 'The Mighty Saints Save V10'.

Does any of this make any sense in relation to your problem? Or am I perhaps missing the point?

He probably won't want to hear this from me but your right crouch thats exactly the way it works and has been for a while.

The best thing to do when you want to do something like that is call the file a different name.

Always wanted to know what the v1's and v2's are!. I always just delete them and save as my original save.

@crouchaldinho - Makes perfect sense but the point I'm trying to make is that the original save is exactly the same as v1, v2 and v3. All saved on the same date and are all the same save.

Thats the same problem i have, i have a 3 rolling save going and now all three are the same save, saved on the same ingame date and this keeps happening. so now it kinda makes the rolling save a bit pointless.

Thats the same problem i have, i have a 3 rolling save going and now all three are the same save, saved on the same ingame date and this keeps happening. so now it kinda makes the rolling save a bit pointless.

Yeah, whats the point in having rolling saves now if they are all the same save?! A problem with the original save can no longer be salvaged by rolling back to a rolling save and how do you go on holiday or run any tests with a rolling save on?

I've never had that problem and just checked mine (3 rolling saves/fortnightly) and they are all working the way they should.

Main file - In game date: 17.10.12

V2 file - In game date: 28.09.12

V3 file - In game date: 14.09.12

The date you see on the load screen is the actually real life date you saved it not the in game save date in case thats causing confusion.

The only other difference that I can think of would be I wasn't in holiday mode for any of those.

I've never had that problem and just checked mine (3 rolling saves/fortnightly) and they are all working the way they should.

Main file - In game date: 17.10.12

V2 file - In game date: 28.09.12

V3 file - In game date: 14.09.12

The date you see on the load screen is the actually real life date you saved it not the in game save date in case thats causing confusion.

The only other difference that I can think of would be I wasn't in holiday mode for any of those.

yeah i have actually manually loaded each one, i was a bit concerned because i thought what you were describing, that the dates shown were the in game dates, but they are the saved dates, but when i load each one it loads the same game, on the same day, so effectively i have three identical saves.

I dont holiday games ever unless its a test so i dont think its related to that, i have also started a new game where it did work properly, but it doesnt work on my long term save i started on 11.1.

Just double checked and all my saves are the same one. All saved on the same date in game and out.

Sounds like a very strange bug then.

Could it be related to the fact that you are going on holiday?

Perhaps this is one to take to the bugs forum. This sounds very annoying as this is a really useful feature.

Just had the same problem saved the game then resign and went on holiday for two months ,then after returning from holiday, decided to load the last save and found there are 3 different versions 120(Original) ,120 v1,120v2.

Been happy to resolved the problem with loading 3 different saves where 120 v1 been the good one,other's bad)

After it, i changed in Preferences Menu Auto Save from in Month to Auto Saving in a year!

Archived