Really Strange Problem... maybe?

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. So what brings me out of lurkdom? Well, I have a strange problem maybe you can help me with...

I've looked all around the forums for any solutions to my problem, but haven't found any close. I tried to play on the 2011 version of the game, but it wouldn't load. No big deal there, I'd only just started a game anyway, so I decided to start a new one. Got through all the options and preferences, then when the game started up, bam! Same thing, wouldn't load again. Fast forward a few weeks, I went to play on FM 2010, as I had an awesome save on there. EXACTLY the same problem, stopped loading the game and it came up with the 'no load' message. Funny thing is, in both the 2011 and 2010 versions, they both stopped loading in the exact same spot. Weird huh? But it makes me think that at least the saves may not be corrupted, if it's across 2 different games.

I've tried the following: running in different compatibility modes, running as/as not admin, setting up a new account just for games, reinstalling both games too. I got 2010 from Direct2Drive and 2011 from Steam.

Thanks in advance!

Ugh on my original PC at the moment. No error number, just a message that says 'this game/save can not be loaded', pretty much word for word I think. And yes, both games have worked on that PC perfectly before.

Archived