Ridiculous fan expectancy...

Hey guys, just posting a little annoyance i have with the fans on this game. Currently managing Burnley, won the Championship at the first time of asking and am about a third of the way through my first season in the Prem. Had a pretty decent start considering the expectation is to try and avoid relegation. We're sitting 9th after 11 games, 5 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses.

Now, you'd think they should have no complaints, especially when i restrict both Arsenal at the Emirates, and Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, to 1-0 wins. Of course i was expecting to lose, so was pleased to have stopped a rout in either match, despite being under the cosh for most of the time. After each match though, the fans were "dissapointed with the result". I was gobsmacked, how many newly promoted teams have gone to either of these stadiums and been destroyed four, five, or six nil? I don't know what they're expecting, i think i'm doing pretty well so far!

Does anyone else find this quite annoying, even though it doesn't really have too much bearing on the game overall, it jst get's on my nerves when i see that message :D

Yeah, I get really annoyed with that.

I'm currently playing with Fulham, so Chelsea are our rivals - if I lose 1-0 away to them the fans are 'devastated by the result'. It's crazy.

The one that annoys me even more is if I manage to hold a big team to an away draw - i.e. Liverpool 1-1 at Anfield, and the fans are 'slightly concerned' when they should be as chuffed as I am.

The fans dont seem to care who the team is or wether your playing home or away.

It seems like some basic code going on.. win=happy fan message, lose=unhappy fan meassage, draw=50/50 slightly happy/concerned message

Best thing to do is too not even read it or look at those bar thing pages, they are the same as the ones that were there four years ago which didnt work then either.

It happened to me some times, but the one that made me really, really mad was in the CL Quarter-final against Man Utd.

I was no way near to be favorite to win the CL. I've managed to get an away draw 2-2 in the first match and still the fans where complainning with the result. I thought "what the f*** do they want? A 0-5 away win? aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

In the end i've won the CL and 5/6 months later they were still remembering that draw... I think this is a broken feature of the game, so I just don't care.

It's a feature that has improved since it was introduced. It's good now that if you score a last minute equaliser or get a last minute winner they're happy with it (or unhappy if you let a last minute lead slip), but there definitely needs to be more dynanism with how the fans of certain clubs react.

I actually lost with my dutch 4th tier team DTS'35 away to NEC Nijmegen of the premier division (in the dutch cup) by 3-2. I was 0-2 up at half time and only succombed in injurytime. Fans dissapointed.. And worse: the press also as they expected me to challenge for the cup!?!

To make a comparison to english football this would be Folkestone Invicta FC losing 3-2 away to a team like Sunderland and the press saying they'd expect Folkestone to go all the way to Wembley..

In real life NEC would probably have slaughtered DTS'35 by at least a 5 goal margin..

It hapenned again later in my career, when I kept FC Utrecht at 1-0 at Galgenwaard Stadium with my 4th tier club AFC'34.. Same story..

the press also as they expected me to challenge for the cup!?!

I've had this message too, got knocked out of the FA cup in the 2nd round or something as Gloucester (while in the Conference), and the message was that we had been expected to be among the favourites.

It's not that much of a big deal to me, but it is kinda annoying indeed. I am playing with SAFFC in Singapore. I've won the Asian CL a few times and qualified for the Club World Cup. In my second game of the tournament I _always_ match up against the winner of the European CL, and needless to say I get smashed by Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man City, etc. And after each defeat, the fans start complaining. It bugs me that the fans expect a win over the big euro clubs, when we barely hold league 1 standard.

It drives me up the wall too. I remember being Bradford, still in league 2, losing to Man United away in the cup. Think I was 2-0 down and bought it back to 2-2 before going to penalties. The supporters said they were upset by the result. Same with the press. I mean seriously......IT'S MAN UTD AWAY ffs. What do they expect?:mad:

Archived