German national team...

Just realised the updates put the fake names back into the game. I got rid of them but I don't think that will apply until I start a new game. I am playing lower leagues so I am not overly bothered at the minute, by the time I get into the premiership and european football the regens should have taken over.

Can regens be called up to the German national team as they are not real players or will they be forever damned with the greyed out players?

Thanks

No need to start a new save, just delete the files that need to be deleted and restart FM, should be fine.

Make sure you delete all the files that need to be deleted, there are multiple copies ;)

I have also found that you do not have to start a new FM save!

If that is the case then that is sexual. I've deleted all the files from the game and the ones that come with the update. I had a look but the players were still greyed out (next international call ups is when I should notice a difference I guess).

Just to make sure we are on the same page...

I deleted the original file that came with the disk. The updates readded the file. I started my game. I have now deleted the appropriate files. My current game will therefore be able to have a real German national team?

How many times do I have to say it??????

You DO NOT have to start a new game for this to work.

Anyone who needs help with this feel free to PM me.

Can't say I've actually tried it for a few versions but general consensus/historically its always been that once you've continued without deleting the files you can't change that save.

I'm not saying your wrong rob but your going against the general understanding. No harm in RedRock trying it though which he seems to have done in post #7 without success.

Archived