Is there ANY good tactics for 11.3?

Are there any Atm seriously? If so then please posts some links of some and/or discuss some ideas. No matter what I have done on new patch I am conceding a unreal amount of goal and just cannot get a run of results going. I have been Wolves, Villa and Celtic and used a few of my own ideas and tactics (usually a rigid 442) and have also used Matts TFT set, Il Devasto And the great working 442 and all to no avail. My goals against has been crazy. I never had these sort of problems with tactics and after scanning the forums can't find any promising tactics. Discuss and suggest ..

I feel you, same here... Really good squad with Schalke, 3rd season, tried every tactic here, and still no luck... too much goals conceding..

EDIT: And Omfg how many goals conceded from corners, no matter what tactic..

If you want ot use a Plug & Play tactic, just make sure that the tactics actually suit the teams, not only by positions and attaking quality, but also when it comes to defending, If playing with a 4222, your fullbacks and Mcs really need to be up for it in terms if defensive quality and team work/determination/stamina/work rate

I'm having the same problems in regard to defending. I've tried all sorts of combinations with my Swansea team but none seem to be doing the job. Attack is fine but as you say, defending is an enigma.

I'm having the same problems in regard to defending. I've tried all sorts of combinations with my Swansea team but none seem to be doing the job. Attack is fine but as you say, defending is an enigma.

you tried jonnyhugs skygihg? thats solid at the back

I'm doing some large tests by running a program I wrote that tests the same gave 500 times over to get the average result for a set tactic. And so far all the tactics I've tried are decent at best. 8(

Think best I have found so far is getting 1.2ish points from that game on average with 11.3, for 11.2 the best tactic I tested was Mr. Hough's 11.2 winger one with 1.41 points for that game on average.

Sergey S - such a program, would it cover all the variations that affects the match -before- the match has even started? Like morale, team talk, opponent tactic and quality, OI, referee, home advantage, favourite or underdog. In other words - is it realistic? Testing one match 3-4 times (which I have done) gave me widely variable games. One time I completely ran them over, another my players looked like a herd of panicked sheep. The one thing I changed was team talk.

The tool runs through this game in vacation mode with the Assistant Manager in charge. The "use set tactic" and "use set players" check boxes are ticked but obviously I don't have direct control of team talks. I assume the assistant manager would choose the same options every time. Since its the same game that I'm running through all the other variables you mention BiggusD remain constant. The whole point of running over the game so many times is to get the general idea of average success of the tactic. There are a lot of random elements that come into play in the Match Engine as the same tactic can play really well or really badly without even changing the Team Talks. I think players get random bonuses/penalties every time a match starts and that can lead you to winning 6-0 one time, then reloading the same save and trying the game again and losing 0-6. But when one tactic is stronger then another it leads to more good results overall, no matter the randomness of the Match Engine. Most of the good tactics I've seen would give me an average of 1.3 points per game from the game I was testing (meaning you get 3 if you won, 1 if draw and 0 if lost) which means I was getting about as good of the results as the opponent. Some of the worst tactics I've tried were only giving me 0.8 points on average from that game. Majority of tactics I tried fell somewhere in the 1.1-1.2 range.

The problem with this test is that statistically it really only tells me how good each tactic is against this specific opponent on this specific day. So I was planning to re-run 10 best ones on some other games against other opponents to see if the best tactics remain best tactics against weaker opponents, or opponents fielding different formations.

UAF_85: Haven't tested these yet. I'll give em a try next.

Basically no, there aren't any outstanding tactics for 11.3 and tbh, I'm not sure if there will be as the defending seems to be pretty awful.

There are some tactics that play certain styles of football well, but they wont win you loads of games or anything.

Archived