RIDICULOUS number of yellow cards/red cards!

Ever since I have been playing with the 11.3 patch, my team's card count has shot through the roof! I am Arsenal and have always instructed my players to tackle hard on players with less than 14 or so strength/bravery (usually 60%+ of the opposition team). I have always been in the bottom 1/4 worst disciplined teams in the premiership (that is, I have always had among the least yellow/red cards in the league - best disciplined).

However, ever since the new patch, I have had a ridiculous amount of yellow cards in each match and a lot of red cards too and I am now THE WORST disciplined team in the premier league! How is that possible!? I noticed my team getting a lot more cards than usual early on in the season so I made sure to only set "hard tackling" to opposition players with bravery/strength less than 10, yet I am still receiving around 5 yellow cards a game and one red every two games! It's getting ridiculous. I currently have FOUR players suspended!

In 19 premier league games, I have notched up 40 yellow cards, and 6 red cards! Second behind only West Brom for yellows (they have 41), and top of the red card table.

Please somebody help. Is this a problem with the new match engine? I am not doing anything different than before, in-fact I have stopped setting opposition tackling instructions as hard as before. Every time someone gets a red card I warn them, and I state in press conferences that I will be speaking to the players bout their discipline when I'm asked bout the amount of yellow cards etc., but of course I can't do this. So there is no lack of discipline from myself. I am having an excellent season, 17 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, and 6 out of 6 wins in the Champions League; however, the amount of yellow cards, red cards, suspensions is ruining it for me. Anyone got any advice? SI? Anyone with similar experience?

I have the same problem, but at a much lower level (dutch 4th tier). I actually top the yellow-card charts. 10 or 11 cards more than nr.2. My tackling is default. Red cards are too common also, and often for vicious tackles or deliberate handballs, no fouls under pressure, and often already in the first half.

I've had one game in which 6 of my key players were suspended.

It seems I also get a lot of yellows and reds in my favour too. As if my games have more cards than others. Often there's a sea of yellow in the time-bar. more than 10 cards per game is no exeption.

Most fouls committed are good for a yellow, and where it slightly seems the striker was through on goal it is an automatic red. And as I get a lot of: "Opposition keeper kicks the ball forward. My central defender heads it straight back. My striker runs for it, wins the sprint and is through on goal" since 11.3, it happens quite often that my striker is tackled and the defender gets a red card. I can't remember if the goalkick-header-through-on-goal sequence happened as much in 11.2..

Another thing: since 11.3 I seem to concede a lot of goals in the first couple of minutes in a game. The last games I was behind within minutes. I was top of the league, but these goals and cards left me without a chance for the title and only promotion spot.

My Braintree team had 34 yellow cards and 8 reds after the first NINE matches of the season. The same two centre-backs were sent off 3 times, theres only so many fines you can give out before the players hate you!

Ever since I have been playing with the 11.3 patch, my team's card count has shot through the roof! I am Arsenal and have always instructed my players to tackle hard on players with less than 14 or so strength/bravery (usually 60%+ of the opposition team). I have always been in the bottom 1/4 worst disciplined teams in the premiership (that is, I have always had among the least yellow/red cards in the league - best disciplined).

However, ever since the new patch, I have had a ridiculous amount of yellow cards in each match and a lot of red cards too and I am now THE WORST disciplined team in the premier league! How is that possible!? I noticed my team getting a lot more cards than usual early on in the season so I made sure to only set "hard tackling" to opposition players with bravery/strength less than 10, yet I am still receiving around 5 yellow cards a game and one red every two games! It's getting ridiculous. I currently have FOUR players suspended!

In 19 premier league games, I have notched up 40 yellow cards, and 6 red cards! Second behind only West Brom for yellows (they have 41), and top of the red card table.

Please somebody help. Is this a problem with the new match engine? I am not doing anything different than before, in-fact I have stopped setting opposition tackling instructions as hard as before. Every time someone gets a red card I warn them, and I state in press conferences that I will be speaking to the players bout their discipline when I'm asked bout the amount of yellow cards etc., but of course I can't do this. So there is no lack of discipline from myself. I am having an excellent season, 17 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss, and 6 out of 6 wins in the Champions League; however, the amount of yellow cards, red cards, suspensions is ruining it for me. Anyone got any advice? SI? Anyone with similar experience?

so you deliberately set out to kick the opposition off the park and then complain for being punished for it? :rolleyes:

It's your tactics! I am currently 16/24 in the bookings table with 18 yellows from 15 matches which seems about right to me... Sheff Weds are top with 35 bookings from 15 games, still not 'excessive' imho. It has to be something that you are doing wrong... sorry :(

Sounds like they fixed a flaw from the previous version. If you tackle hard, expect a card.

Dirty, Dirty Arsenal!

See how the game is going, if you're bossing possession then you won't need to make dirty or hard tackles as you should have the ball already. If so, set the team instructions to stay on feet and take care to substitute players that look like they are on a course for a red card. They often give you warning signs, such as still flying in when on a yellow already. Carded players should not be set to hard tackling. Set them back to easy tackling.

If you are being pushed back deep, then any wayward tackles will likely be around the box, more likely to get a card so again look to push higher up the pitch to avoid fouls around your own box. You are less likely to pick up a card for a hard tackle in the middle of the park.

You are still going to pick up cards though, regardless of your instructions becaus some players are just poor at tackling or dirty. 2-3 yellows per match is reasonable for most games I think?

Sounds like they fixed a flaw from the previous version. If you tackle hard, expect a card.

Dirty, Dirty Arsenal!

Actually, I have hard tackling set as part of my team tactics. I just like disrupting the opposition's possession, winning the ball and getting it forward. I certainly don't go out of my way to target weaker players though - that would only cause injuries, and that is not what a strong tackle should be about!

I get a few cards, probably about average for my league.

Dirty, Dirty Arsenal!

See how the game is going, if you're bossing possession then you won't need to make dirty or hard tackles as you should have the ball already. If so, set the team instructions to stay on feet and take care to substitute players that look like they are on a course for a red card. They often give you warning signs, such as still flying in when on a yellow already. Carded players should not be set to hard tackling. Set them back to easy tackling.

If you are being pushed back deep, then any wayward tackles will likely be around the box, more likely to get a card so again look to push higher up the pitch to avoid fouls around your own box. You are less likely to pick up a card for a hard tackle in the middle of the park.

You are still going to pick up cards though, regardless of your instructions becaus some players are just poor at tackling or dirty. 2-3 yellows per match is reasonable for most games I think?

Thanks for the advice. Nice to receive some instead of just sarcastic comments. I don't try and play dirty and bully them off the park, but I do like to go in hard on players that are less brave/strong and are inexperienced, so they don't have time to be comfortable out there. Just like I close down creative players who have low composure (provided they aren't good dribblers). I don't want them to be afforded any comfort on the pitch. I want my team to be comfortable, controlling possession and controlling the game.

I'll definitely think about the things you have pointed out. I just can't help getting frustrated when Jack Wilshere gets a red card on the first day of the season for a two-footed tackle, gets warned, loses an aggression attribute, gets banned for 3 matches, returns from his ban and gets a red card straight away on his return for the same thing! So I had to dock his wages for a week and he hasn't got a red since mind you. I know he has a "dives into tackles" PPM, but it's still very annoying. I have never seen Wilshere being dirty IRL but when I ask him to stop diving into tackles he says he doesn't want to because it won't benefit his game... HOW ON EARTH WILL IT NOT!?

This kind of thing is all to common, and it is all too common that my back four are all on yellow cards by the hour mark of a match. I have been instructing my team to be less forceful in the tackle than I used to, yet I am receiving far more, a ridiculous, amount of cards.

Archived