can someone explain the abilities in the game

so like in editor if u make sum1 better at running they go down in somethin whyyyyyyy

try limit the 'txt talk' if you can.

The reason is due to the way the match engine works. The editor is designed to make the players work. Just cause you give someone 20 for pace, doesnt mean having 20 for accelleration is a good thing, the same with heading and jumping. I think the editor tries to keep things so it will work in the ME.

I think..

i think he means if you bump up one stat to 20 it will reduce another stat because he has not increased the CA of the player so they reduce other attributes so the player is still at the same CA level just distributed differently.

]

To stop this happening increase the players CA when increasing attributes.

Every player has a certain CA which according to the big secret formula translates into the attributes of the players. The attributes all have a certain weight, depending on the position(s) of a player, i.e. finishing 'eats' more CA points when assigning the attributes of a striker than if a defender is shaped. This means that attributes do not just add up to the CA figure but count in a certain weight (otherwise you could just determine the CA by a simple addition of all CA-relevant attributes).

Obviously the attributes of every player always have to equal the CA. Thus, if you raise one attribute without raising the CA, other attributes will have to be toned down in return. Or vice versa if some attribute is lowered.

FM does that automatically at the start of each game as in the database the attributes so not always add up perfectly.

Thus, if you want to raise one attribute and leave the rest unchanged, you should also raise the CA of the player a bit in the editor. Then he should turn out the way you want to when creating a new game when using the edited data.

hth :)

Archived