Manager Rep

I decided to start a journeyman career type save so I started as Lewes in the Blue Square South because they're my home town club, with the aim of building my rep and then moving on to a bigger club. Won the league with ease in my firsrt season, largely due to the fact that signing a class team was far too easy but hey I'm not complaining I like winning. In my second season after spending the first half bumbling around the bottom half of the table more by luck than anything else I went on an incredible run losing only 1 of my last 19 games and found myself sneaking into the play-offs which I promtly won.

Two promotions in two years not bad, however despite the fact its january in my third season and my team are placed 11th in league two (no mean feat considering most of my squad was signed in my first season) my reputation is still unproven. My contract is expiring at the end of the season and my plan was not to sign a new one as the only way I think I could push Lewes any higher is if I clear out the whole squad and rebuild and I dont really want to do that, also with only a 6K wage budget even with which the club is still losing money my options would be limited, besides I was intending to do a journeyman type career anyway so I only wanted to Lewes into League 2 before I moved on.

But I guess due to the fact that my rep is only unproven I'm not being linked to any jobs as I expected I would be after two successive promotions, not even other league two jobs when they become available, so my worry is that if I leave Lewes at the end of the season I'll just end up having to take another non-league job which would be pointless. This doesn't seem quite right to me, has anyone else been in a similar situation, and if so what should I do because if manager rep is flawed in this version it seems that starting a journeyman game could prove quite tricky.

I managed to get Thurrock promoted through the playoffs out of the BSS and my reputation went up from unproven to regional. Started with sunday league past experience. Being linked with a few League 2 jobs now but only been offered the Stockport job who are also in the BSP at the moment.

Everything seems ok to me at the moment, I'd imagine you reputation will increase at the end of the season once you've consolidated in League 2.

No I've not holidayed a single day, but I havent done any press conferences my assisstant does all of them, I'm thinking this could be an explanation, if it is thats pretty anoying because I find press conferences to be boring and a waste of time

I started as bromley in the BSS, sunday league rep, Lossed in the playoffs first season, signing nobody. Got promoted 2nd season, Exact same thing happened in the BSP, Won the FA trophy somewhere in there, Now league 2. My rep is regional, I'm a media shy manager and had 1 job offer. Port Vale in league 2. I'm starting to get linked with other jobs now which never happened until this season.

Archived