Has anyone actually seen this happen?!

We have all been there. An injury or two, maybe a few tired legs or maybe just a change for changes sake whereas we use up our 3 allocated substitutes and lo and behold it always seems like we will get another injury thus putting you down to 10 men.

However it has just dawned on me that I have never actually seen the AI go down to a short compliment after using all their substitutes up and that seems a little strange considering all the bizarre 1st half changes it makes for seemingly absoloutely no reason at all.

So there it is a basic question, has anyone actually seen the AI go down to 10 or 9 men because it has used all it's subs and then get an injury or two?!

That game should be abandoned with less than 7 players.

OT: I've never noticed my opposition forced to continue with 10 due to injury. But I may have missed it.

I had the problem myself a lot in 11.2, I'm not sure I 11.3 is any better, but now I seem to get a lot more yellows and reds.

Part of the reason we see the AI go down so little is that, in my games at least, the AI tends not to use it's third sub until 80-85+ minutes...

Agreed, I hardly ever go down to ten men as well for the same reason.

I only throw my third sub in earlier if I'm desperate, and prepared to wear the risk.

The thing is that the game doesn't stop when the opponent has an injured player like it does when you do, so it's easy to miss. I kind of wish I COULD set it to stop so I could adjust tactics when something like that changes, though; if the opposition is down to ten men, I might want to tweak what I'm doing in response to that. Same if they bring on a third striker or something.

The thing is that the game doesn't stop when the opponent has an injured player like it does when you do, so it's easy to miss. I kind of wish I COULD set it to stop so I could adjust tactics when something like that changes, though; if the opposition is down to ten men, I might want to tweak what I'm doing in response to that. Same if they bring on a third striker or something.

Keep the opposition formation in the top corner and you won't miss it.

I see it all the time. The fact that the AI likes subbing players in the first 20 minutes doesn't help :)

Edit: in fact the last time was 2 matches ago, when an injury in the 78th minute meant 10 men for the AI (2 subs at half time, one sub on 63 minutes). I was 3-0 up at the time, so it made little difference; we won 4-0.

Archived