Question about agents

I'm just now getting into FM11 so am not sure how to deal with agents. However, I noticed that I go straight onto their disliked list even when I don't do much of anything at all. For example, there's a player I'm interested in and he is not attached to any club. I go to offer him a contract and his agent gives me his demands. I take a look and see that I cannot afford to sign this player, his wage demands are just too high, so I decide to walk away and simply press that button to do so. Then I check that agent's profile and see myself as being disliked by him. What's the deal with this? I don't understand, I simply walked away from his offer, nothing else.

So this is really how agents are intended to function? There's no way to communicate with them without making them feel as if I've wronged them on some dramatic level?

I noticed it's also the same thing with players who don't have agents. If a player is unattached and I go to offer him a contract but his demands are too high and I walk away, then that player refuses to talk to me again if I try to approach him. Will players continue to dislike me or will they calm down after some time and be willing to talk with me again?

i dunno wat fm is at with the agents, they should just be a formality really, mayb the only function being that if u give the agent more money he can convince the player 2 join u over another, but the agent fees are such a stumbling block in the game.

Another thing that I don't like, one of my good player wants a improved contract even though he has 4 years left on his current one, his agent wants 4M for him self and another 2M for the player. F...off!! Thats rubbish!! If thats the case I'll stick you in the reserve team and won't give a single minute and you'll continue getting the money that you are not happy with. I mean at least there should be option to talk to player to tell his agent to lower his demands otherwise he won't get a raise.

A terrible addition to the game, and a major reason why this is the worst FM in several years of playing. (Far) Too much time is spent dealing with transfers. Agents could be switched off in the options next year (hopefully).

Try pressing back instead of the walk away button if the player is unattached. I do this and I don't seem to get put on as many disliked lists, if put on any at all from what I've noticed. May be coincidence though.

Personally I like the introduction of the agents, certainly makes the game a bit more challenging and also prevents building an absolute dream team due to increased financial demands from agents and players, unless of course your Man City and money is no object. If you want a top top player you now really have to pay for him. This I believe is realistic, players and agents ask for ludicrous pay these days and transfer fees keep going up so I believe that should all be implemented within the game.

I do agree though that being put on a disliked list simply due to being unable to come to an agreement is a bit harsh. Multiple times maybe. Also agree with poster above who says you should be able to tell a player to make his agent lower his demands!

Archived