go on loan to get better...."NO!! i refuse, i rather be sh*te forever"

yep, thats what you get for wanting to loan your promising youngsters :rolleyes:

now im not saying that loaning doesn't work (it definitely got better in 11.3), but what i noticed is that youngsters who are pretty good (can play in most low premier league clubs) won't agree to go on loan to premier league/serieA/la liga sides. this is especially noticeable if they had already been loaned last season.

why would a young wonderkid who won't see ANY minutes in a star studded side reject a loan to top division teams in the top leagues of Europe?

this doesn't make any sense:confused:

what's even more mind numbing is that those same players won't reject a loan to my championship side feeder club :rolleyes:

this is FRUSTRATING...

i had this with Connor Wickham with a spurs save i stared on 11.3 to test it out...

brought him right at the beginning but kept him at ipswich till the following season...he then played a season in the reserves, earning a 2 or 3 first team call ups along the way (2 in the league cup and on prem game were i was low on strikers due to injury so he made it on to the bench) and had him tutored by Defoe.

By the 3rd season his stats had risen better than i expected and my coaches rated him a decent prem striker, yet his mental attributes were still lacking (yes i know they rise with age etc) and a few of his skill attributes could have been better so i thought this was the perfect opportunity for him to go out on loan and get some match experience...i had four forwards battling out for the two starting posistions so him getting a handful of games would be unlikely considering i was planning Spurs biggest attack on title yet...

Expecting a raft of championship teams to show interest, i was only left with one offer...Southampton. They had earned back to back promotions but lacked a decent premiership worthy striker. I thought perfect, Southampton have good training facilities, a great reputation of developing youth, starting week in week out baring injuries against premiership opposition and the relegation battle they would most certainly face would vastly strengthen young Connor's mental attributes...

But alas...he declined the opportunity, with what seems as the only response available, 'i have no intention of going...'

Why? I mean...why? He is a good character/ambitious guy and this would have seriously enhanced his progression?

Archived