Possible exploit (agents)

Today, I offered a contract to a Greek striker who I hadn't scouted. Before I confirmed it (exiting talks), I asked a scout to grab a report of him for me. His agent promptly forgot we'd had a conversation, and I managed to knock £2.5k p/w off the deal by haggling a bit better.

This is quite clearly a bug, and as far as I know SI are not aware of it, but I do not have a suitable save file to upload for SI to examine and re-create (I last saved before my previous match, which isn't ideal), which is usually needed for them to fix a bug.

Can any of you who have time try to re-create this yourselves? Next time you offer a contract, save the game beforehand, and meet the agent's demands in the first go. Before you exit talks, request a scout report of the player. If the agent "forgets" the previous negotiations, please load the game before negotiations and change its name by using the "save as" file.

After a few users have re-created the exploit and have suitable save files, I will create a thread in the bugs forum to alert SI to this issue, if they do not become aware of it in the mean time. I will need anyone who has a suitable save file to upload their save as well, if they can.

Thanks.

(Oh, to preempt a common question: of course using this deliberately is cheating, but why should that stop you? :D)

Archived