Attributes needed for the best scouts

The obvious ones:

1) judging player ability

2) judging player potential

Apart from those 2, i like that my scouts also have good stats in:

1) Adaptability

2) Determination

3) tactical knowledge (only for the scout with the role of scouting the next opposition team)

And... thats about that.

JPA and JPP seem to do little. I've had pretty much identical reports from a 1-1 and a 20-20 scout for the same player.

Yes and no. If you scout a player with a 20-20 scout or a 1-1 scout, as you say you'll get, problably, the same report.

But if you send, for example, a 20-20 scout to scout a nation, and a 1-1 scout to scout the same nation, believe in me... you'll get very different results in terms of the number and quality of players found.

Yes and no. If you scout a player with a 20-20 scout or a 1-1 scout, as you say you'll get, problably, the same report.

But if you send, for example, a 20-20 scout to scout a nation, and a 1-1 scout to scout the same nation, believe in me... you'll get very different results in terms of the number and quality of players found.

In addition, if you go for the 1/2/3 etc match reports, each one will be more detailed and accurate with a 20/20 scout than a 1/1 scout...

I heard a rumour that Scout Reputation is key. Not sure if it true.

Personally I would go with JPP, JPA, Determination and Mental. Maybe Working With Youngsters too if you are hunting youth. None of these may make any difference other than JPP/JPA but they sound like they might be useful.

You want a good report, not to train or manage the player, so pick those attributes that seem like they may build a good report. Determination + Mental + Working With Youngsters is my pick for key attributes.

I go for a mixture of scouts, making sure I have both JPP and JPA covered, I even nickname them for example as John "potential" Smith or Fanny "ability" Adams so I can easily use the correct scout to check on young players or established players. Some bad scouts do not even come back with all the players attributes on show, note to self, sack that scout when I next boot the game.

I think I remember an SI staff member saying that determination is actually just an individual stat that helps determine if the scout gets better over the years. I also remember reputation and discipline being important (along with JPA and JPP of course).

Archived