How many players do you have in your 1st Team?

I've got eleven players in my first team, unless one gets sent off...

my first team squad has 29 in it but 3 have yet to feature in 18 matches and another ten have appeared in 4 or less matches with at least one not starting any and 4 only starting 1 match so I guess you could say the "first team" is 16 players and the fringe 13 players are the "reserves" (I have no players in the reserve squad even though I am playing reserve matches).

Sorry I meant squad, how do you not have a reserve squad? I would like to be able to do it but I usually start in premier league and all teams have players in there reserve squad, and its impossible to sell players.

I had a clearout at the end of last season, got rid of all the dead-wood. Will be doing the same thing at the end of this season too. Two years into a job I should only have players that I've signed, want to keep or that have come through the youth system. At the end of this season that's where I'll be at, then I'll keep my squad trimmed and the wage bill as low as possible (hopefully).

Oh and I forgot a player in my squad, he's on loan at the moment but would actually be getting games if he wasn't..

Managed to work my way up from the lower reaches of Spain to the mighty Barca job and dealing with moving players up and down constantly gets irritating. So I have the 25 man main squad and occasionally dip into B team and under 19s for cup games or for prospects.

I have 24 players in the first team squad, which includes a few youngsters who will only get off the bench in easy league games or starts in easy cup games. I also use the reserves in the easier cup games, although my reserve squad is usually empty due to my policy of loaning them out ASAP.

23 to 25. I like to have a few reserves and a couple of youth players in the first team squad who are available to play for the reserves as well as they won't be getting much game time in the first XI

My first team squads tend to reside in the region of 22 to 26 players. I've always found that if I try to get by with less, I get ravaged by injuries, and when I go beyond that amount it's as if my first team is suddenly incapable of ever being injured!

Playing in Italy at the moment, I've only got three players not in the first team squad, simply because my reserve team doesn't play any games and I don't like leaving players rotting in it. I've loaned out several younger players the past couple of seasons, too.

Archived