Manager of the Year?

I just finished a season as Southend in League 2. I won the Manager of the Month award every month, but when it came to the Manager of the Year award I wasn't even in the top three.

Has anybody else had this issue? Or is it just me? :(

1st - Peter Taylor - Bradford (finished 3rd)

2nd - Mark Yates - Cheltenham (finished 11th)

3rd - Steve Tilson - Lincoln (finished 6th)

EDIT - @johnhaughtom: Maybe, but I finished the season having won all my games apart from one draw, winning the league by about 50 points (yes, I decided to mess around a bit with the editor) and we were predicted to finish 2nd. Thanks for the pointer :)

Manager of the month seems to be based solely on results, whereas manager of the year takes into account where the team was expected to finish, so perhaps three other managers overachieved in the season but you just did what was expected.
1st - Peter Taylor - Bradford (finished 3rd)

2nd - Mark Yates - Cheltenham (finished 11th)

3rd - Steve Tilson - Lincoln (finished 6th)

What John said :thup:. At least two of those teams were expected to finish in the bottom half.

where did you finish?

See below.

Maybe, but I finished the season having won all my games apart from one draw, winning the league by about 50 points (yes, I decided to mess around a bit with the editor) and we were predicted to finish 2nd.

1) You didn't deserve it if you were Southend boss;)

2) It's about time Manager of the year got mixed up a little. Sick of taking little clubs like Scunny to 8th in the Champ in my first season when am expected to finish bottom, only for Portsmouth manager to get it because they finished top (when they were expected to finish there). if that makes sense:)

Archived