Penalty taking in 2025

I've just lost to Bury (in the division below my Leeds team) in the League Cup on penalties in the year 2025. I played a reserve team and after we had 20 shots on goal (compared to their 3) drew 0-0 after extra time. Now most of you will probably think I'm heading towards another shots on goal rant but wait a moment!

There are NO penalty takers in the year 2025! The top attribute in my Leeds squad was 9!

I was slightly surprised by this and then thought that I should have noticed this before so decided to delve into the transfer market with the window open for another couple of weeks. I found out that there are only 16 players in the World that have a penalty taking attribute above 15.

First of all I checked the England squad. In hindsight this was a stupid idea and the top penalty attribute was 12 (I guess this is actually quite accurate.....)

So anyway I check the Germans (World Penalty Gods) and they haven't got a player in their squad with the Penalty Taking over 9 too!

Obviously not a game destroying bug but a horribly frustrating one! Is there anything you guys can suggest and am I alone in this?

There have always been similar issues with regens although I'm not really sure why. In past versions there has always been two or three attributes that regens are almost always appalling in. Currently there seem to be plenty of attributes. In CM03/04 the reverse happened and loads of regens had great physical stats and because of the match engine that made them world beaters so long as they had some modicum of technical ability (even 9s and 10s would do).

I seem to remember a previous version where Determination was almost always very very low in regens.

Archived