I want to criticise the board

I'm still playing on FM2010 and I bought a young Irish kid called Jason Byrne from a team called Home Farm for 35k when we were in the Blue Square Premiership. Since then, we've been promoted up the leagues to the Championship and I am currently a few games in to the first season in the CCC.

QPR, came along and offered 2mil for him (he was worth 825k apparently) although I didn't want to sell him and certainly would have wanted twice that figure. But the Chairman felt the offer was too good and accepted the offer. So now, he's gone to QPR and I'm left without one of our best defenders and I'm so ****ed off.

I really want to have the option to comment on the transfer, to criticise the board for taking the decision out of my hands, but I can't do that. I wonder whether anyone can tell me if you can criticise the board on matters like this in the 2011 game? If not, does anybody else think this should be added?

Needs to be an option for you to intervene after the board accepts it. Then would be a good time for an ultimatum. Sell him for that cheap, and I walk.

Perhaps, but on a side-note, you can offer the player in question a new contract, if he accepts, the deal falls through and he stays.

I tried offering him a new contract, but he rejected and went to QPR, even though I offered more money. I also took the press conference directly after the transfer to see whether I was asked about it. I was and I said 'it was ridiculous, how do they expect you to run a club when things like that keep happening' or something like that, which then was the story picked up on in the summary, but it didn't seem to do anything, I wanted a reaction from the chairman.

I think we should have more Board interaction too, many a time I've wanted to complain that the board won't release funds for a player despite being able to afford him or not giving realistic transfer/wage budgets for their 'ambition' etc...

Whenever a player is sold from under me like this I first offer them a new deal, if they reject then I offer them to clubs at my valuation (i.e. more money than the offer the board accepted) and hope he chooses a different club to go to instead of the board sanctioned one... then on confirm screen... "cancel" :D

I asked the board to increase the size of the stadium they said there wasn't enough funds and then two weeks later they announce they are expanding the stadium.

well you know in those two weeks they could found a few million under the couch you know...

Archived