football manager 2011 has stopped working

Hi guys

Sorry new to the community and have a pretty basic knowledge of pc's and how to fix things with, using the web and playing fm is about it (Call it old age)

Last week downloaded the latest patch to my boxed version with i have had since release and played with no problems, everything was fine started a new game with the patch saved game no problems, couple of days later went back to went to start game and got football manager 2011 11.3.0f78533 has stopped working, tried again same problem. Looked through various forums and threads for soluation, best thing to do was to uninstall/re-install, no luck with same problem. Removed all patches/facepacks/logos etc etc and everything to do with fm/si on my laptop so ther was nothing on it, re-installed and got football manager 2011 11.0.0f151865 has stopped working, added 11.2 patch and got back football manager 2011 11.2.1f154501 has stopped working. Again uninstalled everything updated directx and framework.net from mircosoft deleted settings and cach folders and found a web site that checked to see if the laptop would run fm11 ok just in case ( its been ok from fm08 ) and it is!! Today decided to install using steam which worked fine and the latest patch went to start game, and i get football manager 2011 11.3.0f78533 has stopped working.

Completely stuck now do i go and get a new game in case the disc has been corrupted by something?

I using windows vista home basic and a boxed version of the game

Any help would be great from you guys or si. Thanks

Uninstall everything and start from scratch.

But just after you uninstall everything (steam + football manager) then download and run CCleaner - do all the things in there like cleaning temp files and also the registry.

Then reboot and reinstall steam + game

Uninstall everything and start from scratch.

But just after you uninstall everything (steam + football manager) then download and run CCleaner - do all the things in there like cleaning temp files and also the registry.

Then reboot and reinstall steam + game

Sorry mate is there a thread about uninstalling steam, and how would i update my display drivers

The update drivers wouldn't be advice for you there. That was for the other guy. But it might not do any harm for you.

You can google how to update the display drivers it's fairly straight forward.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9609-OBMP-2526

BIG THANK YOU EUGENE

LOOKS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM

Took your advice with the drivers and update said it was all ok, next step was to set up a new user account this took a while for my laptop to do its stuff (Passwords, welcome messages etc) once ready decided to install from disk which went fine, Kept everything crossed and started from the games menu an it loaded could not believe have had to change the display on the the game. So far so good. This got me thinking what was the difference between the to accounts, and it turns out that it may have something to do with the desktop display. On the the new account the desktop display is set to 'FIT TO SCREEN' where as on my account it was set to 'CENTER', have no idea when i could have changed this, so set it as per new account installed game from disk and it has worked so far although i have started a game yet, wanted to let you know how i got on

THANKS AGAIN PAL. STAR

Well it wasn't FM acting the goose. It was some setting or file in the old account that was clashing with FM.

FM works we all know it works so if it's not working 9.9/10 it's the Users computer that's in error. Setting up a new account is an old trick to seeing if it's the computer or the game causing the issue.

If the game can't be played on the old account then the system needs a thorough cleaning.

Archived