does the computer cheat?

Okay, i have tricked you all, this is not a rant about how the computer cheats in fm...

But I was playing the old CM99/00, and realised there is almost a complete lack of tactical options... also, there doesnt appear to much of a match engine and games can be very tough to win at times. Were the games fixed back in the good old days before the FM match engine? When you're losing there arent many tactical options you can choose to try and change things in these old games.... so were the games always fixed?

This has no relation to the "cheating" in the FM series.

Okay, i have tricked you all, this is not a rant about how the computer cheats in fm...

But I was playing the old CM99/00, and realised there is almost a complete lack of tactical options... also, there doesnt appear to much of a match engine and games can be very tough to win at times. Were the games fixed back in the good old days before the FM match engine? When you're losing there arent many tactical options you can choose to try and change things in these old games.... so were the games always fixed?

This has no relation to the "cheating" in the FM series.

The matches were, to an extent pre-determined on the older games. This was because I was a bit younger and angry that I was top of the league and couldn't beat the team at the bottom of the league.

Anyway, selected my team went into the match lost 3-2. Reloaded the game and in the 3rd minute just like the game before I scored, needless to say the game ended 3-2 to the opposition and as I kept reloading it without changing anything, the scorers, the times and the outcome were always the same. Change one player and you'd get the same outcome again every time.

It's still somewhat similar with FM now, but there is more variables, which make producing the exact same conditions very difficult, because if you make different build up comments/player interaction it changes before the game even has begun, then there is team talk, which provides different outcomes - the in game 'processing' is the game taking into account what changes have been made and then generating the game from there.

Its called catch up logic, all video games have it. It triggers from many different things in games. Just in this, is very hazy to say the least. Not SI's fault they arent actually footballers. Gotta do what they can, we have been to good for them for too long.

I'm still voting for our tactics to be implimented. A comp or something, would be an end to the need for catch up logic for sure. In this game at least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

in older version when me and my mate played a 2 player game, you could see his score in latest scores, before hed played his game. and it ended up the same as what it said, whatever he did. pretty poor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the same with a mate, and our computers were right next to each other. He said "You're going to score with [Player A] in the 85th minutes. (I was on about 60th minute). It happened.

So I though, how about, when he gets my goal up, I take off the player who is supposed to score. I did this, and quite simply, the goal didn't happen, but the game changes. Odd.

Archived