Seriously: Players not available

Well the game hasn't happened yet and I'm being told they have already played in another game? For who? When? Where? The Reserve game isn't until another 2 hours.

So I would love to know who they were playing for.

Were the players actually marked as in your starting line up at the beginning of the day? If not, the game might've read it as they weren't going to be involved and so were ok to be involved in the reserve game, as you've got it set as "All players who are not selected for first team duty have been made available for the reserves"

What are they even doing there? I never made them available for the reserves.

What did they do, get on the wrong coach at the training ground?

Looks like it :D

Have you got a screenshot of your squad with full player status view, so we can see which ones were selected?

Won the game anyway - David Medd steps up for his first senior game and scores a tap in

[video=youtube;8QQAkV33_l8]

wonanyway.jpg

However the reserve team struggled a bit and Rene Adler didn't even make the bench!

reservesfacepalm.jpg

Not that hard if u negotiate each transfer to be paid over 48 months. Means you would only need a transfer budget of 64.5m. Easily do-able with Man Utd at the start of the game if you sell a few players.

I had a transfer budget of 75m when I took the job. And I sold 65m worth of players.

Then - like all my other buys - I stagger the costs over 48 months. I spent a staggering 275m in my first transfer window.

Normally wouldn't go on like this but I'm doing a 2 year turnaround of clubs across different nations. I started with Juventus and did whatver it took at whatever cost to win the league and the champions league in 2 seasons.

So I'm at United now and doing the same thing here. Onto Spain, Germany or France next.

I know United are a big team already - but they finished 6th last season and in the Europa Leauge. So boosting them now back to the champions league and league winners and moving on.

I had a transfer budget of 75m when I took the job. And I sold 65m worth of players.

Then - like all my other buys - I stagger the costs over 48 months. I spent a staggering 275m in my first transfer window.

Normally wouldn't go on like this but I'm doing a 2 year turnaround of clubs across different nations. I started with Juventus and did whatver it took at whatever cost to win the league and the champions league in 2 seasons.

So I'm at United now and doing the same thing here. Onto Spain, Germany or France next.

I know United are a big team already - but they finished 6th last season and in the Europa Leauge. So boosting them now back to the champions league and league winners and moving on.

Its interesting to see someone else who does this. I call it "The Mercenary", however I holiday until December 1st, and then give myself a season and a half. Try and pick up a team that are struggling, keep them up, and push as much as I can in the following season. Managed to somehow get Celta Vigo from 16th in December to 4th by the end of the season, and followed the next year with winning the Champions League! Probably do my FM11 version of this once I've finished my little mini challenge im doing :)

Did it with Derby, they were bottom in December of the nPower League, I got them promoted that season in the playoffs and then by end of season 2 they were in champions league position. But my 2 seasons were up with them so I moved on to Lazio.

Archived