alan smith

I gave up trying to get rid of Alan and decided to get all i could out of him. he is the best at tutoring youngsters in my squad and will accept greatly reduced wages midway through the 1st season. He is currently my 3rd choice DMC (often coming off the bench to do a reasonable job) and he is on 20k/week now

Alan Smith is actually pretty good if you play him as ball-winner in a 3-man midfield triangle. When Tiote out injured for half season in my game, he led the midfield with Nolan and Sandro (loan from Spurs) to the EPL title in my first season at Newcastle.

cheers for the advide now how the hell do i get rid of jonas his stats are rubbish and not worth 91k a week

Have you offered him out to any clubs? If you haven't then you could possibly try that. Again not alot of clubs will be interested and when they are, you'll find that they will want you to help pay towards them. Have you tried offering him a shorter contract on a little bit more money? So if he's on a four year deal. Offer him a two year deal on £100k. If he accepts you'll save some money in the long run.

One time I actually got another team to take Alan Smith late in the transfer window (after constantly putting him off and on the transfer list). Just as the red exclamation point comes up that transfer's about to be confirmed and I'm finally of getting rid of that salary - the news pops up that he's injured himself in training for 2-3 months, and will fail his medical at the new club. This game can be evil!

The only other way of getting rid of him was angering him about leaving the club and then not playing him. Finally when it said under his profile - "wants to leave the club" - I was able to dump him on mutual termination later on in the year.

Archived