Still no closer to the solution!

Maybe your old laptop was more powerful. If you know what you are doing maybe turn off all unnessesary programs running in the background. New Laptops always have a load of pointless crap running in the background.

What you could try, maybe it works....

When you right click on the icon of FM11 on your screen, you can select properties. When that menu opens you can select Compatibility. When you select XP SP2 or Vista from that drop down menu and try to run. Does it run smoother?

You can also go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and select Football Manager 2011 from the list, run the test and see where your system is scoring low and then post the result here? It might be your 3d card all the way. In that case you should put on low 3d settings in the game menu.

Dont worry about the low stars in your game. I pass everything as well but the 3d star score in the game is also 2 or something while the game runs smooth.

Cheers for the advice guys. My older laptop has definitely got lower specs than compared to my new one. The actual game time runs slower on the old one because of this, but the 2d commentary runs as smooth as a whistle compared to when I play fm on my new laptop.

It's the patches that seem to have the adverse effect on my new laptop though, because I can play the 11.0 version fine, but theres so many bugs, plus I want the transfer update as well now!

Just checked, system requirements are all perfect so no worries there. On the subject of changing the compatibility, when you install with steam the FM icon doesn't have an option for compatibility. The steam icon does, but it doesn't let me change it from 'windows vista', even though my system is windows 7! any way around this?

Just checked, system requirements are all perfect so no worries there. On the subject of changing the compatibility, when you install with steam the FM icon doesn't have an option for compatibility. The steam icon does, but it doesn't let me change it from 'windows vista', even though my system is windows 7! any way around this?

Right click, select create desktop icon then right click on the new desktop icon and you should be able to change compatibility mode from that.

Christ I hate this game, i've tried everything to sort this out, but still FM11 isn't playable with the patches.

I hope to hell the guys at SI check these sorts of problems out for the next release, otherwise their going to lose a lot of customers.

The application you want is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2011". Right click on FM.exe.

The other suggestion I would make is to temporarily turn off Windows Aero and see if that makes a difference. You can do this by right-clicking on your desktop, selecting Personalize and then choose Windows Classic in the Basic and High Contrast Themes category. If that makes a difference then it suggests your graphics card may be struggling a bit. Why that should happen after the third patch though, I can't explain.

I am, however really, i don't notice much of a difference. It's just really strange, perhaps the patch really did make the game slower(if so, i do hope it's due to a much more intensive match engine that does more calculations :) ). And yes, i have noticed it does run slightly slower for me, however, nothing that big.

It could be that the difference appears bigger on laptops(there is a small difference and matches do seem to take longer), but nothing so major. I suppose it is the patch in the end, either it screwed up Windows 7 in some way, or it's just how it works for everyone and you just seem to notice it.

It might be that I'm being too pernicketty, but I've never noticed the match engine slow down like this before. PLUS there hasn't been too many other people complaining about the same problem. It's so frustrating when you genuinely can't play a game you love to it's fullest ability!

Archived