Interesting idea for press conferences/player chats

After doing my thousandth presser of the season, I had a thought. One of the big issues is alot of the questions asked we have no idea how to answer. For example when I'm asked how Andy Carroll is feeling after missing a penalty, I really don't know. I find it silly that my answer dictates how he feels about the incident.

Now my my idea is a sort of post match player chat. Maybe you could pick out a couple of players and talk about specific events from the match. You could try and boost a players confidence if they missed a load of chances, or made a big error. You could give a player the hair-dryer treatment for getting a straight red and costing you the match. In short you get to know how your players react to individual events and how to put them in the best frame of mind possible.

I'm no game designer so this may just be wishful thinking, but it seems like something that would be really valuable and interesting.

Thoughts?

They shouldn't be given a voice like this. They are your minnions. Do like I do and flog them in training, leave them on when their condition is at 19% at the end of a game and fine them for not winning after it. They are highly paid professionals and should get on with the job. Don't go pandering to them and massaging their egos.

They shouldn't be given a voice like this. They are your minnions. Do like I do and flog them in training, leave them on when their condition is at 19% at the end of a game and fine them for not winning after it. They are highly paid professionals and should get on with the job. Don't go pandering to them and massaging their egos.

sounds fair...

Archived