Eternally withdrawn from National Team. Bug or am I being dense?

I withdrew three of my players from the last round of friendlies before the 2022 WC. Now, a full eight months later not a single one has been selected again, for friendlies or official matches. One of them is the both the Golden Ball and World player of the year and hasn't made the cut in 8 matches...for a 64th rank Guinean side.

They all also have this perma "withdrawn from international selection" status on their profile (see pic below).

For the life of me, I've spent way too long clicking every possible button trying to find the one that says 'undo' w/o any luck :(

Is this a bug and these guys will simply be forced to finish their careers banned from their national side or am I missing the obvious here? (FWIW, I'm also managing France which might be confusing the game somehow)

(oh, fyi, yes I am running 11.3)

AboubacarSakoProfile_Attributes-2-1.png

Why would you withdraw players anyway?

I guess I am in the minority that think international matches should be valued both as a player and as a manager.

I've only withdrawn players from friendlies when they've just comeback from injury and either 1) have not reached 80% fitness or 2) still have the orange INJ status by the time that news article is released

Why would you withdraw players anyway?

I guess I am in the minority that think international matches should be valued both as a player and as a manager.

it was may and I had made the finals of both national cups and Champions league so had too many fixtures at the end of the season

Archived