Worcester 85 +45

Southport 85 +38

Nuneaton 78 +21

Vauxhall 77 +22

Barrow 76 +19

Tamworth 75 +40

Automatic Promotion

play-offs

As you can probably see, I am just off the play-offs and my last game of the season is...

Tamworth v Vauxhall

I knew I had to win this game to get into the play-offs as the other games were pretty easy...

Other Vital Games

Nuneaton v Workington (15th)

Barrow v Blyth (13th)

I wished the team luck pre-match and then it went underway. Vauxhall dominated for the 1st 15 minutes but then we got our rhythm and started having some chances of our own, the best one coming in the 13th minute when my star striker and league top scorer Stuart Fleetwood headed the ball straight at the keeper from about 6 yards out. I sympathised with the team at half-time as we couldn't score but deserved to before the 2nd half began. I had to breathe a huge sigh of relief at about the 55th minute as their star striker Dali Gomez had a one-on-one saved by my goalkeeper Lewis Price (the Welsh international). After that, the game seemed like it would never stop for a highlight, it wouldn't stop until the 89th minute, I had my fingers crossed that we would score but was not happy that all it was was a cross blocked for a corner. I hung my head in disappointment. 2 minutes added on, it seemed to be over until the minute 91:30 when the clock stopped for another highlight, could it be? my French LB/youth coach Benjamin Genot put in a beautiful cross, met by 19 year old striker Stuart Grice, GOAL!!!! disallowed for offside :mad: I was not best pleased, the whistle blew immediately after that, I symapathised with the team again and continued to the match analysis screen, took one final look at the table and I was 5th, I had made it to the play-offs!! How? I checked the results aaaaand

Nuneaton 0-2 Workington (awesome but I didn't win so nothing gained there)

BARROW 1-2 BLYTH

All hail the mighty Blyth Spartans!!!

The table now looks like this...

http://img34.imageshack.us/i/wooplayoffs.jpg/

Please appreciate this as I had to write it up twice due to epic internet failures and feel free to post your own lucky stories :D

brilliant story mate,

how have you got on in the play offs? would be fitting for you to go up now!

on my most recent save i took over burnley in october with them hovering above the relegation, after a few loanees and a surprising amount of money to spend in jan, i pushed them up to 4th with 2 games left with three points seperating 2nd and 8th, i lost the first which pushed me down to 6th on goal difference and had 3rd Middlesbrough in the last game, i got totally dominated the whole game and lost 3-0 with me thinking that i was out of the play offs and getting ready for a season to push for the league. Only for 7th place Ipswich and 8th Hull to lose also which kept me in the play offs! Middlesbrough stayed 3rd after 2nd place Reading won, i had Middlesbrough again the play offs, thinking i was doomed after the last game i went into the games thinking i would go out, but scraped a 1-0 away win and then took them apart in the 2nd leg 4-0. I was buzzing thinking that i could steal a place in the promised land, only to destroy 4th place Coventry the whole game and lose to two counter attacking goals!

so a huge amount of good luck and then a lot of bad luck in a few games!

brilliant story mate,

how have you got on in the play offs? would be fitting for you to go up now!

on my most recent save i took over burnley in october with them hovering above the relegation, after a few loanees and a surprising amount of money to spend in jan, i pushed them up to 4th with 2 games left with three points seperating 2nd and 8th, i lost the first which pushed me down to 6th on goal difference and had 3rd Middlesbrough in the last game, i got totally dominated the whole game and lost 3-0 with me thinking that i was out of the play offs and getting ready for a season to push for the league. Only for 7th place Ipswich and 8th Hull to lose also which kept me in the play offs! Middlesbrough stayed 3rd after 2nd place Reading won, i had Middlesbrough again the play offs, thinking i was doomed after the last game i went into the games thinking i would go out, but scraped a 1-0 away win and then took them apart in the 2nd leg 4-0. I was buzzing thinking that i could steal a place in the promised land, only to destroy 4th place Coventry the whole game and lose to two counter attacking goals!

so a huge amount of good luck and then a lot of bad luck in a few games!

wow unlucky mate, will be playing the play-offs today, also the first time on FM that I have ever made the play offs as I always normally start as Man United so it would be awesome to win it.

bad luck mate! hope you get further next season! or maybe a push for the title.

thanks, it's amazing how many points I dropped and still managed to make the play-offs, I managed to beat Southport 3-0 during the season but sadly couldn't replicate that, I think I'll be fine-tuning my consistency this season.

Archived