Foreign player restrictions

This is a bit of an obscure one but hopefully someone can help...my team got relegated from the Greek superleague and are now in the B division. I've noticed that there are some really harsh restrictions on player nationality which make me worry about how good a team I'll be able to put out. The rules are as follows:

Max 5 foreign players in the first 11

Max 3 non-EU players in the first 11

My questions are as follows:

1. What counts as 'foreign'? Is it anyone that's not Greek? Do Cypriots count as 'foreign'?

2. Can I sub on 'foreign' players and have more than 5 playing in a match? Will the game let me do that or will I get fined for breaking the rules?

So far I only signed one Greek player out of four, looks liike I'll need to sign a few more...

You'll have to sub Foreign for Foreign, so sometimes is a pain having Foreign subs that fulfill different roles. Makes it a bit easier though if they play similar positions, so having a Foreign GK outfield and Foreign GK on the bench so you'll swoop Foreign for Foreign. Compared to your Greek FB getting injured and the only FB you have on the bench being Foreign, whilst already at your 5 limit.

Non-EU is pretty easy, limited on Brazilians, etc, just becareful getting caught out as not all European countries are EU, like Belarus.

Foreign players is anything outside the country your in, no exceptions unless is says in the competition rules. Example Turkey limits you on Foreign players, but lists Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan as acceptable. So for you, Cypriots would have to be listed as an exception else they are not allowed.

You'll have to sub Foreign for Foreign, so sometimes is a pain having Foreign subs that fulfill different roles. Makes it a bit easier though if they play similar positions, so having a Foreign GK outfield and Foreign GK on the bench so you'll swoop Foreign for Foreign. Compared to your Greek FB getting injured and the only FB you have on the bench being Foreign, whilst already at your 5 limit.

Non-EU is pretty easy, limited on Brazilians, etc, just becareful getting caught out as not all European countries are EU, like Belarus.

Foreign players is anything outside the country your in, no exceptions unless is says in the competition rules. Example Turkey limits you on Foreign players, but lists Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan as acceptable. So for you, Cypriots would have to be listed as an exception else they are not allowed.

I feared that would be the case, it would also explain why there don't seem to be many Cypriot players in the league given they are such close neighbours. Fortunately it seems a lot of my foreigners are clustered around certain positions in my team, so I'll just be able to rotate them so I never have more than five in the team. I'm definitely going to need to sign some Greek MF though as currently I only have three CMF and they're all foreign!

Cheers

Archived