Chairman taking things into his own hands?!

Just got promoted first season with Southampton, no money issues and then at the end of the season Birmingham bid 2.8m for Lallana, one of the best up and coming youngsters, the chairman (a swiss billionaire) takes it into his own hands to accept?! I could of atleast got 5m+

What the heck? stupid stupid game!

Just got promoted first season with Southampton, no money issues and then at the end of the season Birmingham bid 2.8m for Lallana, one of the best up and coming youngsters, the chairman (a swiss billionaire) takes it into his own hands to accept?! I could of atleast got 5m+

What the heck? stupid stupid game!

did you set his asking price really high? if you have a player valued at around 2.5m and set his asking price to, say, 15m, then chances are nobody will ever make a bid (and if they do, it'll be so high that you would probably want to accept anyway).

I always set my most promising youth players that I have no intention of selling to the maximum of £200 million asking price no one seems to bid for them at all that way.

Strange that the chairman should accept such a bid, I guess you offered him a new contract once the offer was accepted?

I agree, it is unrealistic, Cortese wouldn't accept the offers >£3m that come in for Chamberlain, Lallana and Schneiderlin on the game - even in 11.3. He admitted he put offers for Chamberlain in the bin in January and signed Lallana up for 4.5 years. But there isn't really anything I can do in the database to stop it happening.

Man United big around 2.5m for Chamberlain but I got to reject it this time! I'm going to buy Lallana back next season (If he comes!) just started second season and managed to get a few loaned players back I had last year, Jordi Gomez from Wigan, Spence from West Ham & Borini from Chelsea.. all 3 'Dream loan move' I guess due to them been in the side that went up! Ah well Its so annoying little things like the board letting them go for so cheap but I made up for it, signing Ambrose & Jimenez as his replacement.

my tycoon chairman sold 4 of my players behind my back at dundee united, all under 22 years old at that. needless to say i was furious and let my contract run out. i felt i deserved better, i even gave him a champions league win

Happened with Schneiderlin, sold for 2.4million, I hate FM sometimes :(

So, if Soton don't go up this year, how much do you think these players will go for?

Sorry to say it but FM is all too aware that you are a league one side.

Lallana, Schneiderlin etc will go this summer if Saints don't get promoted. And they will go for ~ £3m.

Chamberlain is different. Like Walcott and Bale.

Archived