Work permits in npower leagues

When I got promoted to league 2, I was offered a Tanzanian (no other nationality and based in Tanzania) player by his agent so I was confused because it was 134 in world rankings (outside the EPL wp ranking that I think is also used on FM)

So when his work permit was accepted (I didn't sign him though and loaded) I was confused. So what comes first? caps (the guy had 18 caps) or the world rank of the country?

When I got promoted to league 2, I was offered a Tanzanian (no other nationality and based in Tanzania) player by his agent so I was confused because it was 134 in world rankings (outside the EPL wp ranking that I think is also used on FM)

So when his work permit was accepted (I didn't sign him though and loaded) I was confused. So what comes first? caps (the guy had 18 caps) or the world rank of the country?

The rank of the country has no bearing on whether the player gets a work permit or not.

To get a work permit a non-EU national has to either be classed as an exceptional talent or have played 75% (I think) of his nations international matches, for which he was available, in the previous 2 years.

The rank of the country has no bearing on whether the player gets a work permit or not.

To get a work permit a non-EU national has to either be classed as an exceptional talent or have played 75% (I think) of his nations international matches, for which he was available, in the previous 2 years.

I think it does, I seem to remember when Arsenal were trying to get a work permit for Alexander Hleb, it was originally rejected because Belarus didn't rank high enough. they had to appeal to get it in the end...

75% of his nations matches in the two years AND the nation is in the top 70 - I think anyway.

If they don't meet the criteria, they can still be awarded a work permit. In real life if the club can prove he can make a good contribution then they are more likely to be awarded. How its handled in game, I'm not too sure..

Archived