David Villa

Is he especially injury prone ono FM2011?

I only ask because I've been managing Barcelona for a season, in which he managed to play just 12 games. It's not as if I've rushed him back and he's had a recurrence of an old injury either - he had a chest injury at the start of the season (thanks to a pre-season match), then missed 3 months from November with a torn hamstring (again, in-match) and now in March, just one appearance after returning to the first team he's torn his knee ligaments in training and will miss the rest of the season.

It's a little bit irritating to say the least, not that I'm going to rant about 'gamebreaking bugs' or anything. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had similar experiences with Villa or the rest of the Barcelona squad - at one point I had Adriano, Iniesta, Xavi, Abidal, Villa, Puyol, Pedro and Afellay all out injured long-term at the same time. I'm starting to think I may be pushing them too hard in training, although I've never had any similar issues using the same training schemes.

Injuries are random, its unlucky if it keeps happening to the same player but that could also be due to the opponents hard tackling a player like Villa to keep him quiet, i wish people would stop saying its a bug every time a star player gets injured

Silly question but have you patched the game?

Yes, I'm running 11.3 and have been since the start of this savegame.

It could well be to do with hard tackling, I hadn't thought of that. It can't be a bug, these sorts of things do happen in real life - Arsenal's defensive and goalkeeping crisis, for example.

Or of course it could just be down to bad luck! It just worried me quite a bit as I'm now relying on Bojan (who's been disappointing) along with a totally unprepared Connor Wickham and probably the most prolific of the lot, Vaclav Kadlec.

Yes, I'm running 11.3 and have been since the start of this savegame.

It could well be to do with hard tackling, I hadn't thought of that. It can't be a bug, these sorts of things do happen in real life - Arsenal's defensive and goalkeeping crisis, for example.

Or of course it could just be down to bad luck! It just worried me quite a bit as I'm now relying on Bojan (who's been disappointing) along with a totally unprepared Connor Wickham and probably the most prolific of the lot, Vaclav Kadlec.

It cuyld be alll sorts of things, not just trainging. It could be the condition you are starting them in, the intensity of your tactic/game plan (tempo, pressing, running etc all this requires physical effort), the intensity of the match itself ie hard tackles, man marking and jostling, aerial battles etc, the injury proneness of players, the weather conditions (hot day, or heavy wet pitch) and of course sheer bad luck.

Look for the type of injuries: muscle injuries such as pulled hamstring tend to indicate overworking, ie they've done it from running or too much aerobic training etc, impact injuries like broken ribs tend to come from highly physically contested games

If it was just soft tissue injuries caused by training then I'd be toning down the aerobic training. However, most of them have been in a match situation, so I can only assume most of the Spanish teams have been watching DVDs of Stoke City and attempting to kick anything that moves when they play Barcelona. Either that or it is horrifically bad luck.

If it was just soft tissue injuries caused by training then I'd be toning down the aerobic training. However, most of them have been in a match situation, so I can only assume most of the Spanish teams have been watching DVDs of Stoke City and attempting to kick anything that moves when they play Barcelona. Either that or it is horrifically bad luck.

soft tissues in the match can also mean overworking from a tactical/game plan side. Are you mainly getting impact injuries?

It's generally things like torn hamstrings, knee ligaments, ankle ligaments, pulled calf. That sort of thing. I do play fairly high tempo football, with a lot of closing down and pressing. However, most of the players are generally pretty fit with high stamina, the ones that don't have good ratings for stamina or natural fitness I generally allow to saunter about doing what they like rather than closing down (mainly Iniesta and Xavi).

Archived