Where is Blackburns money?

Whilst I can't find an article that says they were going to spend £30m. I doubt they would. Transfer funds in FM for the last patch though are reflected by deals made in or before January and after the close of the first transfer window. Blackburn signed a few players, didn't they in the January transfer window. So they only have £500k to reflect this. That's how I think it works anyway :thup:.

Yes we made bids for Ronaldinho and Adriano. 30 million was the talking price. We should have more money to spend.

The Blackburn Researcher will have looked in to everything to make things fair and equal. A board can say they will spend the money but not give it. They will do this sometimes to please the fans.

Yes we made bids for Ronaldinho and Adriano. 30 million was the talking price. We should have more money to spend.

neither of those players would have cost £30m to buy not considering both left on free transfers in January, it is beginning to look like this money the new owners promised doesnt really exist, or they dont trust Keane with spending it.

venkys may have promised 30m and made a bid for ronaldinho but any realist would of known he was never going to join blackburn. if they were serious about investing then surely then would of signed players in january that would join and improve the club? sadly i think its more likely to end in tears than seeing them plough in the money.

In real life when Jack Walker passed away he left most of his fortune well over a £100 million to Blackburn. As I recall it was put into some sort of fund which would give Blackburn approx £20 million a year in perpetuity. I have never heard another thing about that trust fund so more than likely some paragon of justice will have fineigled it out of the clubs control and back the Walker family.

In real life when Jack Walker passed away he left most of his fortune well over a £100 million to Blackburn. As I recall it was put into some sort of fund which would give Blackburn approx £20 million a year in perpetuity. I have never heard another thing about that trust fund so more than likely some paragon of justice will have fineigled it out of the clubs control and back the Walker family.

I doubt it is that much - 20% yield year on year?

The Venky's are all smoke and mirrors, most (sensible) Blackburn fans are very worried.

Just like Ali-Sayed at Racing Santander. I can't belive that people are so gullible/wishful as to think that these types of millionaires would spend millions, of their own money, each season.

Recently Blackburn Rovers were taken over by Venkys Poultry Group. The new board mde 30 million available4 to spend for rovers. Wheres the cash on the new patch, we have like 500k to spend.

First thought that came to my head: Nowhere.

Correct me if im wrong but didn't those two guys from Venkys say very soon after buying the club that they saw it purely as a buisness venture and would not be pumping millions and millions of pound into the club.

I'm a little suspect of these lot because why would you buy a football club if you wanted to make money??? They are well renowned for loosing money year on year and being proped up by billionaire owners.

Jack Walker left over £370 million so it could well have been, but I do remember reading in the press at the time that it was £20 million. It was a long time ago but maybe some Blackpool fan here will enlighten us some more. The underlying story was that his family were p****d off that he left his money to the club and not them. Better than giving it to the cat I suppose!!!.LOL.

I'm a little suspect of these lot because why would you buy a football club if you wanted to make money??? They are well renowned for loosing money year on year and being proped up by billionaire owners.

Small clubs can be grown quite dramatically in football, especially if Sky's television deals keep increasing. It is difficult and risky to grow large clubs, as Hicks and Gillett demonstrated; but clubs like Blackburn have a large upside.

Of course, it remains one of the riskiest businesses because relegation is always a possiblity for many clubs and the bubble might burst any time soon, but that sort of risk attracts certain types of investors.

I personally don't think Venky's are going to do much besides suggest things that the fans want to hear (transfer funds, big South American signings (fat Adriano doesn't count), stability, etc. etc. etc.). All smoke and no fire-grilled chicken.

Archived