PDA

View Full Version : Niggles more than anything

Lambert's Right Boot
18-03-2011, 11:44
Hi,

Few small niggles I've noticed.

1, Some of my players who were put on the loan list and offered to clubs for loans, had no offers for them. This had nothing to do with talent or wage demands as they had all been loaned out in the past. I think it was something to do with having a player loan listed before the previous season had ended. It's obviously very frustrating to have quality young players in my reserves playing no games in a season.

2, Some players who had been released in the 1st or 2nd season on my game, still 8 years on don't have a club. I'm sure you'll agree this is highly unlikely as quality players like Bialkowski and Leon Best don't 'consider their options' for 7 years!

3. The reputation/hall of fame may need a look at since there are managers in their who, as far as I can see have never managed a club to any success, however I have taken a team from league 1 to win everything except Champ League (got to final) and am not in there!

Even Paul Jewel is no. 50!

Perhaps a 'hot right now' list is more appropriate as in real life managers reputations fluctuate quite a lot and the hall of fame doesn't seem to change much at all except including ex-players who haven't managed a club.

One last thing - I've been playing a particular formation and tactical roles for my team for a while and after the update the coach/player suggestion for roles are different from where they are playing. Would it be more effective to change their roles to what they want, at the perceived detriment to how I currently play?

Cheers. Love the game.

Marc Vaughan
18-03-2011, 13:03
1, Some of my players who were put on the loan list and offered to clubs for loans, had no offers for them. This had nothing to do with talent or wage demands as they had all been loaned out in the past. I think it was something to do with having a player loan listed before the previous season had ended. It's obviously very frustrating to have quality young players in my reserves playing no games in a season.
I'll look into this - not something I've heard about before, so I'll check it out.

2, Some players who had been released in the 1st or 2nd season on my game, still 8 years on don't have a club. I'm sure you'll agree this is highly unlikely as quality players like Bialkowski and Leon Best don't 'consider their options' for 7 years!
I'll look into this - does sound strange.

3. The reputation/hall of fame may need a look at since there are managers in their who, as far as I can see have never managed a club to any success, however I have taken a team from league 1 to win everything except Champ League (got to final) and am not in there!
Ditto.

If you'd be kind enough to share your save game with me (email - marc.vaughan@sigames.com) then this would allow me to see exactly the situation you're describing which might help with tweaking this side of things ....

One last thing - I've been playing a particular formation and tactical roles for my team for a while and after the update the coach/player suggestion for roles are different from where they are playing. Would it be more effective to change their roles to what they want, at the perceived detriment to how I currently play?
The roles are 'suggestions' just that - based on the players preferences and your assistants opinion of where they'd be most effective. This does NOT mean that those roles will be effective in every formation - its more as a guide to people, especially those who are struggling to get a 'feel' for how the roles work in the game and what might be sensible roles for players (for instance it might be that Zablatea has a preferred role as Wing Back but you've just bought Gareth Bale and prefer to play him there with Zableta playing in as a Deep Lying Midfielder in a DMC position .... because you've a better player in that role already).

SuperManager
20-08-2011, 05:26
Another Little Niggle I have had is that when playing in an International Tournament, the host nation still plays Neutral games.

e.g. World Cup 2014, Brazil is listed as host nation

Yet, Brazil's games are all listed as Neutral?

Marc Vaughan
09-10-2011, 16:01
Good point, will take a look at that when I get a chance (probably FMHi 2012 update one now unfortunately).