I cant do this anymore. Miles why???

I started playing FM during the CM0102 days, when I was year 7. Good days...Now obviously the game has, and needed to evolve. But what I dont understand is why is it so hard to get a decent tactic going. Ever since FM10, Ive found it relatively difficult. For one half of the season Im unbeaten and the tactic seems like a diablo, however I go on a 8 game losing streak, and the tactic is rubbish. And it happens regurarly (other saves)

Now, I love FM and I understand SI always try to improve, but I feel the ME is embarassing and needs a total overhaul. There are other certain threads that make the same point. Its a game breaker...Defenders dont defend, my players dont follow my instructions..I wont name them all as Im sure theyve been covered.

I am afraid the poor poor ME, (FM11), is moving me away from playing this once great game. I really hope the SI team work really really hard on making the ME as brilliant or if not better then the FM07 engine (just an eg), instead of focusing on making tons of new features..and yes, I understand new features are also vital in the annual release, but perhaps just focus on a few major/minor additions, and focus the attention to the ME

Just a frustrated loyal fan.

An explanation as to why this years ME is ridiculously poor.

i'm doing the old 442 tactic and haven't lost a game and it's end of january 1st season

Good to see your from Melbourne also :)

Really? Am trying to make a flat 442 work but its too hard, no consistency. Guess the days of a plug and play are over. :/

Good to see your from Melbourne also :)

Really? Am trying to make a flat 442 work but its too hard, no consistency. Guess the days of a plug and play are over. :/

think thats where you are going wrong with plug and play mate, i also play 4-4-2, with great success, Not saying plug and play is dead, but personally i think it isnt the way

think thats where you are going wrong with plug and play mate, i also play 4-4-2, with great success, Not saying plug and play is dead, but personally i think it isnt the way

Fair enough. Do you have a tactic thats been successful on 11.3

Fair enough. Do you have a tactic thats been successful on 11.3

I think this quote is indicative of where you (and many other users that we see in GD) are going wrong.

Rather than looking for a "super tactic" that fits all you should spend more time looking at the strengths & weaknesses of your team & the various opposition you face. Then using the theory set about creating a tactic thats works for the team that you are managing.

i was going to add actually, my tactic is based around my players so to speak, i buy players to fit the roles, not the other way around, so my tactic work greats with my team and the players i have used, but might not be as dominating with other players.

As others have written there's no such thing as a dominant/succesful tactic. Though, there are such a thing as a dominant/succesful manager.

In FM10 a 4-1-2-1-2 was dominant and you could let the ass. man. do all the talking. In Fm11 you need to, in a larger degree, fit your tactic to the players and do a whole lot of team (micro)management to be dominant.

I don't see there is a formula to secure you long runs of win. Of course you can get inspired by others advice but teams (players) react differently. So basically you need to know your players making sure their morale is as high as possible without getting overconfident.

As others have written there's no such thing as a dominant/succesful tactic. Though, there are such a thing as a dominant/succesful manager.

In FM10 a 4-1-2-1-2 was dominant and you could let the ass. man. do all the talking. In Fm11 you need to, in a larger degree, fit your tactic to the players and do a whole lot of team (micro)management to be dominant.

I don't see there is a formula to secure you long runs of win. Of course you can get inspired by others advice but teams (players) react differently. So basically you need to know your players making sure their morale is as high as possible without getting overconfident.

yeah, it's not necessarily the tactic but your man-management that could be at fault. I lost 5 games on the spin without scoring a goal and yet my squad morale was still averaging "good". We then went on a bit of a run... unbeaten in 9 :D (morale - "couldn't be any higher" ) - no change of tactics from the tactic that saw me go unbeaten in my last 21 games last season with only one draw, just purely man-managing that made the difference.

Whe I struggled. I started a new save as spurs. Admitedley already a good team but my reason for doing so was that I know the players strengths and weaknesses from being a fan. I found myself being able to get into the little tweaks and touches that are needed. I managed to create three tactics, a balanced, a counter and a control tactic using the 4-4-1-1 formation. Switching between these and depending on the opposition/or how the game looks to be going I have had quite a good deal of success and a lot of enjoyment seeing the little tweaks in action.

It gave me a new found love for the game again and have used a similar method of counter, balanced and control in my York city save which has now included a promotion to league 2.

So my advice would be to familiarise yourself with a team you know inside out and let the good times roll

Archived