Very basic Home Grown question

I'm coaching in England (FC United in the Championship finally). I have a young Brazilian GK that I got when he was 17. Unfortunately, the only teams that want to take him on loan now that he's 18 are Brazillian teams. If I send him on loan there, with that mean he won't be able to become a home grown player? I understand the residency part, but I don't know if the home grown status applies if I loan him out as well.'

Forgive the ignorance of an American footy fan. ;)

No, he won't be home grown if you send him out on loan. The player has to spend 3 full seasons at the club before his 21st birthday to gain home-grown status.

Are you sure? I thought that whilst he wouldn't be working towards a UK passport, he'd still be working on his home-grown status.

Also, for my own curiousity, do you already have a work permit for him?

What athos says is wrong. Even if you loan him out to a foreign team he still counts as your player so he will be home grown. It was that way in FM10 at least and I do not think they have changed it for FM11.

Also here you have the Premier League rule (Which support my statement):

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).‬‪"

If your GK does not become home grown if you send him out on loan then clearly thats something that SI needs to fix, because he should be...

What athos says is wrong. Even if you loan him out to a foreign team he still counts as your player so he will be home grown. It was that way in FM10 at least and I do not think they have changed it for FM11.

Also here you have the Premier League rule (Which support my statement):

"A home-grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the Season during which he turns 21).‬‪"

If your GK does not become home grown if you send him out on loan then clearly thats something that SI needs to fix, because he should be...

That's the home-grown-in-nation rule, dieu. I misunderstood and thought that we're talking about the home-grown-at-club rule. From my own experience and reading other posts in this forum, players lose that status if he's out on loan.

For example: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/231370-FM2011-Home-Grown-Players

Really? I haven't finished 3 seasons in FM11 yet, so if I'm wrong then I appologize.

On FM10 I used to send players out to foreign feeder clubs to gain experience and they always became home grown by club, but if they changed the rules then I guess I can't do that anymore :( Me sad!

Archived