Steam thinks I have a new computer

I play football manager on 2 diff computers. Mostly on my laptop but occasionally on my desktop... Today when trying to open steam on my desktop I got a message saying "Hello, you are logging in from a new computer" which is not true. Then it says to enter an access code that was sent to my email address. The problem is my email address that I used to originally sign up with Steam is closed and I have a new one. I did send this to steam support but I havent heard from them yet. Has anyone had this problem before and if so what did you do to get it fixed.. thanks...

also is steam good with responding back quickly?

Tom

I had sort of a simlar issue with Steam and my email address. I changed my email addy and the last one was closed down. To cut a long story short I couldn't change my email address automatically due to them sending a code to my old email address. They sorted it for me within about 3 days.

Thanks dave.. yeah i coudlnt even change my email address because its asking me to enter a code.... ill wait for thier response... do you remember if the just did something to fix it to bypass the security code or did you actually have to enter the security code to use it on your computer?

Archived