Loan Extension

I've signed two players on 3 month loans which was a bit of an oversight as I meant to sign them for the season but I thought it wouldn't be a problem as I could just extend the loan... or so I thought!

I got a message saying one of the players' loans was set to expire but I don't *think* there was button to extend it. I could be wrong as I headed straight to the transfers and contracts button and applied to loan him. The message I get back is that a player can only do 1 short-term loan, fair enough but I want to extend it to the end of the season (which is a long-term loan). Its October so I'm within the Conference loan period but I only get the option to loan a player for 3 mths which is not possible.

Have I missed something in the 'reaching end of loan' message? If I have, how can I re-loan this player until the end of the season?

I searched everywhere, could this be a bug?

Or have I just missed something?

Surely someone has attempted to extend a loan?

I certainly won't be doing so again!

I don't think you'll be able to.

At least in England there are rules on the number of short term & long term loans you are allowed.

Therefore every loan is classed as "Short-term" or "Long term" you won't be able to extend a loan into a different class. Your only option now is to let the loan finish & apply for another short term loan.

Thanks for the reply, I did that but as they have been with me for 3 mths they have used up their short term loan allowance.

I've had to bite the bullet and download FMRTE to extend the loan. I'm not a fan of 'cheating' but I figure you should be able to extend a loan! Shame one of them had already gone back to Villa so I can't get him back now!!

Archived