Martin Palermo

Hi all,

Hope this is the correct place, was undecided as to whether to post here or GP&TG. Anyway.

Why can't I make an offer for Martin Palermo? He is due to retire 30.06.2011 in game, which is over a year away, but there is no 'Make an offer' button/option for him. Why is this?

Yeah, I know he is going to retire. I have no argument against that, but he still has over a year to go. Why then can't I make an offer for him. I fully understand that he wants to see out his contract with the club, but that should not prevent me from even making an offer, should it?

Yeah, I know he is going to retire. I have no argument against that, but he still has over a year to go. Why then can't I make an offer for him. I fully understand that he wants to see out his contract with the club, but that should not prevent me from even making an offer, should it?

It does, yes.

But why? Explain why I can't even make an offer for a player within the game. IRL any club can make an offer to any other club. If I wanted to sign him in the January transfer window for just the 6 months he wants to play, I should be given that oppurtunity.

But why? Explain why I can't even make an offer for a player within the game. IRL any club can make an offer to any other club. If I wanted to sign him in the January transfer window for just the 6 months he wants to play, I should be given that oppurtunity.

I don't know why unfortunately. It's the way the game is.

It does, yes.

no i dont think its quite as concrete as that...

the OP is right, clubs would still be able to make an offer for him whether or not 'he wishes to see out the remainder of his contract...'

it's just the way the game goes about it...

no i dont think its quite as concrete as that...

the OP is right, clubs would still be able to make an offer for him whether or not 'he wishes to see out the remainder of his contract...'

In real life they can but in FM they can't. It's happened on my saves before. If a play plans to retire whilst at your club. You can't sell him. Or loan him either, I think.

In real life they can but in FM they can't. It's happened on my saves before. If a play plans to retire whilst at your club. You can't sell him. Or loan him either, I think.

yeah sorry you posted again while i was writing that one out!

i was just trying to say its the way the game does it too! :p

He's not going to even consider your offer anyway, what would be the point of making one? This is the reason the option to make an offer is removed; it's irrelevant.

He wants to see iut the remainder of his career with his club. His mind is made up, and you won't be able to change that.

He's not going to even consider your offer anyway, what would be the point of making one? This is the reason the option to make an offer is removed; it's irrelevant.

He wants to see iut the remainder of his career with his club. His mind is made up, and you won't be able to change that.

Can I make an offer to Real Madrid for Cristiano Ronaldo, or to Barcelona for Lionel Messi if I am Stoke? Of course I can, it's my choice.

Now if I was Real Madrid and was prepared to offer Palermo £250,000 per week for the last year of his contract, do you still think he wouldn't consider?

Now if I was Real Madrid and was prepared to offer Palermo £250,000 per week for the last year of his contract, do you still think he wouldn't consider?

Probably not, because he's decided he wants to end his career at the club he started it at

Archived