Pre-Season Friendly's

I am in June 2011. I'am about to start my second season with Hibs.

I finished 3rd in the league first season. This means that I have to play in the Second Qualifying Round of the Europa League. This means I have to start my European Campign on the 14 of July.

I am looking to go on a tour before I start my European Campign. Any ideas where in Europe should I go on tour.

Holland or Spain for me. Always find the second division/B teams give my side a good match and also a good way of scouting new players at the same time. If a player does well against me I normally tend to keep my eye on them for the following months to see if they could become a good addition to my team.

As manager of Rangers I have taken the club on a pre-season tour of Holland for the last 2 seasons and intend to do so for next season as well. I have highlighted the reasons why below:

(1) Similar standard to Scottish football.

(2) Games usually attract decent crowds.

(3) Not too far a distance to travel for the players.

(4) Cheap to travel.

(5) Training facilities etc are excellent.

I have played Feyenoord (lost), Den Haag (drew) and Ajax (lost) whilst touring over there.

Hope this info helps.

Come to Portugal, and play a couple of game with teams from Algarve (Olhanense, Portimonense, Louletano)...

Have a few beers, take some good sun...

With some luck your players will be so drunk that you'll loose every game and you'll get sacked! :p

Come to Portugal, and play a couple of game with teams from Algarve (Olhanense, Portimonense, Louletano)...

Have a few beers, take some good sun...

With some luck your players will be so drunk that you'll loose every game and you'll get sacked! :p

I have went with a Tour of North France.

The teams i'am playing are:

Havre AC

Calais RUFC

USBCO

RC Lens

Archived