FM 11.3 - Too easy?

Now I'm by no means an expert, on past games I generally tread water until I get a few good bargains in.

However, on this one I've started two careers and in both games I've lost interest quickly after early domination. Both were with mid-table predicted clubs, Durazno in Uruguay Primera B and Bromley in English BS South. Yet in both I went 10 or so matches without loss, but also the manner of winning was complete domination.

I've not brought in any unrealistically cheap superstars, in fact with Bromley I kept the original squad. As far as I know I'm using no exploits, standard 4-4-2 formation with small adjustments, no extreme passing or tempo settings. Haven't touched the corner settings yet I'm scoring buckets loads (9 in 10 matches).

Anyone else experiencing this? This isn't a bragging thread, as I have no intention of playing further. It's just completely underwhelming achieving success so early on, I look forward to having difficultly finding a system that works and weeding out ineffective players, yet with this it's instant success. My long term career game last year started with a relegation that almost got me sacked....

I noticed it was easier to be consistant since 11.2. Mainly because of morale I think. But I still think its just as hard as past years.

Usually I start as bromley for the past few FMs and get back to back promotions all the way to the championship, never spending more than 2 seasons in the same league usually. This year is slightly harder for me as I'm finding it harder to sign players and get results away from home, I havent quite got my tactics right yet though, and it never usually takes me this long, so that is probably the reason why.

I wouldnt give up though as it gets obviously harder the higher you take them through the leagues. The lower leagues are always pretty easy.

Across the two patches, 11.2 and 11.3, it has been a complete mixture. I mean, i'm no FM veteran, infact this is my first full FM experience(picked the game up briefly with FM10, after not having played since CM4), but sometimes it has seemed very easy, while other times really friggin hard. And this ranges from the worst division in Norway, to Spurs in the Premier League, who are awesome.

It is well balanced, although i would like to see AI teams attacking my goal more aggressively.

I noticed it was easier to be consistant since 11.2. Mainly because of morale I think. But I still think its just as hard as past years.

Usually I start as bromley for the past few FMs and get back to back promotions all the way to the championship, never spending more than 2 seasons in the same league usually. This year is slightly harder for me as I'm finding it harder to sign players and get results away from home, I havent quite got my tactics right yet though, and it never usually takes me this long, so that is probably the reason why.

I wouldnt give up though as it gets obviously harder the higher you take them through the leagues. The lower leagues are always pretty easy.

I have actually noticed it's harder away from home, but still I feel it's more a sense of just being less dominant than being forced to rejig my tactics to adapt.

It I have no doubt it'll be more difficult further up, but I don't want that, coasting back to back promotions before I hit a wall is not something I'd enjoy. I want a semi-realistic experience where I have to experiment with tactics and players in the lower leagues, maybe bring in a veteran for a few months or so. The lower leagues are generally easy in FM, but I still had the experience I wanted in previous games.

Maybe I just need a break for a couple of versions.

Ive been playing as leeds since 11.3 (a new save not carried on from 11.2) and i'm finding it very hard so far, i'm just into december in my 2nd season and i'm currently 14th but not won in 5 games :(, my 1st season i finished 4 points above relegation but i played with the transfer budget off 1st window which makes it alot harder i think

Ive been playing as leeds since 11.3 (a new save not carried on from 11.2) and i'm finding it very hard so far, i'm just into december in my 2nd season and i'm currently 14th but not won in 5 games :(, my 1st season i finished 4 points above relegation but i played with the transfer budget off 1st window which makes it alot harder i think

I always play with the window off, and i also set jan transfers to future, so i play with the squad the club had in september. Makes it more fun, for me anyway.

Archived